Double teeth. Advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coppertop

Reaction score
Just wanted to ask if any of you have come across children who has teeth coming through before their milk teeth have fallen out?
My little boy has this and i have just found out today, they must of come through this week. I can't believe i hadn't even noticed while i was brushing his teeth and he didn't even know.
He was born very prem, 25weeks 6 days, and he got his first tooth at 6 months old.

I'm really concerned about this as i don't want him to have to have an operation. Will have to take him to the dentist/doctors this week. :cry:

Jack's teeth on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

oh my! I am sure when his milk teeth drop out then he will be fine.Best thing to do is ask your dentist!

My litle girls teeth are growing through at an angle and she will probably need braces on the bottom. But I havnt seen this before.

Have you googled it?

kate x

Dentistry: adult teeth growing behind baby teeth

Found this link for you - turns out its pretty common!

I always wondered why children couldnt come with a manual (ans a money back guarantee lol)!

It breaks your heart dosnt it when things don't seem just so! I am nearly on my third and I still dont know everything!

Thanks for the links.
His teeth aren't even loose! Poor thing eh, i just hope they come out soon.

Don't know if I missed it but how old is he? My sons adult teeth started to come through when he was about 8 and grew quite big so took him to the dentist who said he'd wait 6 months and see if they pushed the little ones out but because they were just growing behind they didn't so he had to extract the baby teeth and he's now 9 and the big teeth have moved forward, relief... and he doesn't look geeky... even though his mum's a geek!!! ;)

Don't know if I missed it but how old is he? My sons adult teeth started to come through when he was about 8 and grew quite big so took him to the dentist who said he'd wait 6 months and see if they pushed the little ones out but because they were just growing behind they didn't so he had to extract the baby teeth and he's now 9 and the big teeth have moved forward, relief... and he doesn't look geeky... even though his mum's a geek!!! ;)
He just turned 5 in March. He said he wants an operation to take them out :lol: He's funny.

aww bless him , i would take him to dentist hun just to get checked :green: , it will all come right in the end though am sure xxx

aww bless him , i would take him to dentist hun just to get checked :green: , it will all come right in the end though am sure xxx
Yeah will make him an appointment on Tuesday morning to have them looked at. He's not lucky with his teeth, when his first tooth came through he was the corrected age of 3 months and he hadn't built up enamel so he has a little chunk missing where it wore away. Mind it could be worse.

The adult teeth behind will force the baby teeth to eventually wobble and then fall out ... and when there is a gap.. the adult teeth will automatically push itself forward to fill up the gap..

Trust me.. cos my little girl has had 2 adult tooth growing behind her baby ones at exactly the same place for around 3 weeks now... and just today... one of them got so wobbly that i just pulled it out for her..!!:D

Its VERY common and nothing to worry about.. both of my daughters had the same thing... definately no need for operation...

My husband still has some of his milk teeth peeping through behind 4 of his top front teeth. I had a few removed when I was 9 as my adult teeth had come through in front of some stubborn milk teeth. My twins looked like they would be the same at your little ones age but their milk teeth did come out naturally eventually. :hug:

The adult teeth behind will force the baby teeth to eventually wobble and then fall out ... and when there is a gap.. the adult teeth will automatically push itself forward to fill up the gap..

Trust me.. cos my little girl has had 2 adult tooth growing behind her baby ones at exactly the same place for around 3 weeks now... and just today... one of them got so wobbly that i just pulled it out for her..!!:D

Its VERY common and nothing to worry about.. both of my daughters had the same thing... definately no need for operation...
Were they wobbly when they appeared? cos Jacks ain't even a little bit wobbly.
Ray told him he has them cos he's special :green:

My husband still has some of his milk teeth peeping through behind 4 of his top front teeth. I had a few removed when I was 9 as my adult teeth had come through in front of some stubborn milk teeth. My twins looked like they would be the same at your little ones age but their milk teeth did come out naturally eventually. :hug:
Jack is a twin too but Abi natters so much am surprised she hasn't worn her teeth out!!!! :lol:

Hey just letting you know not to worry its quite normal!!! My eldest son 6 1/2yrs has exactly the same!! He has PERFECT teeth!! Very proud, like me!! He lost the first baby front left tooth at the bottom recently, big tooth behind hasn't come completely forward yet but big tooth next to the other behind is through also front baby tooth not wobbly much yet but will come out when ready!!! Its good really as no embarrassing photos of gappy teeth!!! Baby teeth will come out when ready, just go & have a check up with the dentist if your worried but everything should be fine!! I just hope my eldest & youngest have a big mouth like me not hubby as all mine fit in great, lol!!!! :)

P.S: Tooth fairy left £2 for first baby tooth & left it for me to keep!! Poor thing gonna be broke, will go down to £1 for other small teeth me thinks & £2.50 / £3 for the bigger back ones!!! Inflation, it was 50p when I was little!! :hug:

ღMandyღ;761072 said:
Were they wobbly when they appeared? cos Jacks ain't even a little bit wobbly.
Ray told him he has them cos he's special :green:

No.. not wobbly.. but then started to get wobbly about a week or so after they appeared...

Obviously every child is different so your son could take longer...

P.S: Tooth fairy left £2 for first baby tooth & left it for me to keep!! Poor thing gonna be broke, will go down to £1 for other small teeth me thinks & £2.50 / £3 for the bigger back ones!!! Inflation, it was 50p when I was little!! :hug:
You think you've got inflation I got a thrupence for my teeth.:irked:

Hiya

Mine did this when I was five too.
My adult teeth came through behind my milk teeth.
The dentist waited a couple of weeks for them to fall out but they didnt.

When I went in to have them out he just sort of flicked them out. It didnt hurt and it didnt put me off of the dentist. I just thought the money was cool!!

All four of my front teeth came through like this and they are perfect now. They do move forward but you never see them moving. And mine are straight aswell so it wasnt really a big deal. I thought everyones teeth came through like this LOL

Lisa

Well i feel much better now about them, thanks all.
I'm gonna phone the dentist tomorrow and get him an appointment to have them checked out.
Will let you all know how it goes. He thinks they are cool now and has shown everybody his shark teeth!

Haha with 2 kids at 5 and 7 and my 7 year old losing nearly 5 teeth in a month I was near re-mortgaging the house lol! I was paying £2 a tooth!!!

I told them now that she only visits once a month so if they lose any more than that in 30 days its tough haha! I am evil!!

She took her teeth to her dads in the end lol!!! She reckons its per postcode and hey guess what she visited her there but only got a quid! Tooth fairys tight in Manchester AKA their Dad!

I also tell them she wont visit if their bedrooms untidy = soon gets them into action!

Kate

I also tell them she wont visit if their bedrooms untidy = soon gets them into action!
:lol: i'll remember that one. We've spoke to the twins about ow much they would like the tooth fairy to leave and they have agreed on £1 per tooth. How lucky am i?!?
That's only cos they like pound coins though, lets hope they don't start asking for more coins though :eek:

Jack is at the dentist on 19th.

Latest posts

Back