Doubts about a nail college

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dynamite

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I have been doing manicures and pedicures (natural)for 4 years and its going great. BUT last November i enrolled in at a nail academy to do gel and acrylic course, Intensive course over 2 days. It went well as im a quick learner. After practising on real fingers on family and friends im still not sure about it. Such as the kit we got, no one has ever heard of "Nail lite". Been having problems soaking them off. Everytime i put on Starnail UV top coat, ive had complaints that it started to get sticky in the sun!!!

SO much has happened that i think my training has not helped me and have wasted alot of money on this. I have completely taken off nail enhancements off my list now and i feel ripped off.

Sorry thought i should mention this. Maybe end of next year i will contact BioSculpture and start again with them from fresh.

:cry: xxxxx

I am a tad confused as first you say ... it all went well as you are a quick learner .... now, as you realise, 2 days was no where near enough and you do not feel confident. No surprise there!

2 days is a nonsense for a nail course ... most people do not complete their training in under a year if they want to be good and are serious about making a real professional business from doing nail services. Even the quickest learners can't do it because to be skillful and knowledgeable takes experience and a good solid base of knowledge and there is no way you can gain that in a hurry.

Hi geeks

I have been doing manicures and pedicures (natural)for 4 years and its going great. BUT last November i enrolled in at a nail academy to do gel and acrylic course, Intensive course over 2 days. It went well as im a quick learner. After practising on real fingers on family and friends im still not sure about it. Such as the kit we got, no one has ever heard of "Nail lite". Been having problems soaking them off. Everytime i put on Starnail UV top coat, ive had complaints that it started to get sticky in the sun!!!

SO much has happened that i think my training has not helped me and have wasted alot of money on this. I have completely taken off nail enhancements off my list now and i feel ripped off.

Sorry thought i should mention this. Maybe end of next year i will contact BioSculpture and start again with them from fresh.

:cry: xxxxx

No i totally agree with you there. First of all being new to nail enhancement i had no idea that it does take a very long time to be experienced in this. Second i know i have rushed into this without thinking properly of a good reputable school to teach me this whether it took me a year or its expense.
I will defo. research into my next training, in the end i need to be professional, so i am glad that i have taken it off my list until further future training.

(ps Geeg u do a wonderful job on here, i am so grateful with your and fellow geeks advice and information)

Lots of love
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi hun, Been there myself 1 day for each system, what a joke, when i think back i'm like what? i was taught (if you could call it that!) - when doing square nails do a straight smile line (well not a smile!) for round shapes do a curved smile, BUT without understanding, research into the industry i didnt know no different, i have learnt an expensive lesson. I have now been educated to an extremely high standard and i cannot believe the difference there is no comparision my advice to you save up, research even ask us fellow geeks dont rush into anything until you are 100% certain i wish you all the best xxxxxxxx

No i totally agree with you there. First of all being new to nail enhancement i had no idea that it does take a very long time to be experienced in this. Second i know i have rushed into this without thinking properly of a good reputable school to teach me this whether it took me a year or its expense.
I will defo. research into my next training, in the end i need to be professional, so i am glad that i have taken it off my list until further future training.

(ps Geeg u do a wonderful job on here, i am so grateful with your and fellow geeks advice and information)

Lots of love
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well thank you for those kind words! I feel like a deserter of late as I have been so busy.

You couldn't do better than research your education options right here on the nail geek. Have a good read of WHY people big up the training they have had. If they don't give reasons then don't listen. Personally I can't stand it when people write things like, "I tranied with XYZ nails and it was great!!!" Those sort of answers nave no meaning and no validity. I want to know why it was great otherwise I'm nor interested. Good luck and don't be too disheartened. You have gained more respect now for what we porfessionals do and it will stand you in good stead for the future.

Hey same thing happened to me too and it really knocks your confidence and i seriously started doubting myself. I am currently trying to get enough evidence that this course was mis-sold to me and do something about it. I feel the people that run these kind of things are a disgrace to the industry and they obviously don't care about standards.

I am now saving hard to get on a training course with a reputable company.

xx

Latest posts

Back