Down in the dumps...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I posted this in another thread this morning and thought it would be apt to put it on here.

My New Year has been quite stressful.

NYE I was in bed by 10pm following a marital row and we didn't speak for 2 days.

I also found out that my brother in law has been cheating on my sister after 5 years.

The winds made a roof tile come off and dent my car.

Had a blocked, frozen pipe in the back garden...

Aaarrrggghhh

I've got my appointment through though and start counselling on the 31st Jan

Sadly, this time of year has affected all my work.

Bearing in mind, I left my clients in London and relocated to Chester my home salon and mobile business has 40 clients on my database yet I have 3 active clients only.

I've mailshot, SMS'd, had a sale, ran an FB competition and NOTHING!

Did literally everything on Lynne Barker's thread and still very quiet.

I'm leaving the salon as I'm meant to do 2 days but some weeks there are no bookings for me and it doesn't warrant paying for nursery.

I'm also leaving the homes. As much as I love it, it's just not worth my while for the same reason.

The decision was not made lightly, I've been quite tearful as it goes.

But about to start a new venture which I'll tell you all about soon.

H x

Last edited:
I posted this in another thread this morning and thought it would be apt to put it on here.

My New Year has been quite stressful.

NYE I was in bed by 10pm following a marital row and we didn't speak for 2 days.

I also found out that my brother in law has been cheating on my sister after 5 years.

The winds made a roof tile come off and dent my car.

Had a blocked, frozen pipe in the back garden...

Aaarrrggghhh

I've got my appointment through though and start counselling on the 31st Jan

Sadly, this time of year has affected all my work.

Bearing in mind, I left my clients in London and relocated to Chester my home salon and mobile business has 40 clients on my database yet I have 3 active clients only.

I've mailshot, SMS'd, had a sale, ran an FB competition and NOTHING!

Did literally everything on Lynne Barker's thread and still very quiet.

I'm leaving the salon as I'm meant to do 2 days but some weeks there are no bookings for me and it doesn't warrant paying for nursery.

I'm also leaving the homes. As much as I love it, it's just not worth my while for the same reason.

The decision was not made lightly, I've been quite tearful as it goes.

But about to start a new venture which I'll tell you all about soon.

H x

H,

i really hope things start to look up for you soon:hug

Its a new year and full of good possibilities hun x

Things will get better hopefully you've had your full year of bad luck and now it's all good from here xxx

I just can't get people in debts are mounting feel very depressed! Not been through as much as you though xx chin up ;)

Hi all,

No it's gone from bad to worse...

I have finally opened a treatment room but very quiet at the mo.

Free advertising just isn't doing it and cannot afford 'real' advertising. Local radio prices start at £2500.

On top of that, my son was really ill with a bad virus so had to rush him to hospital and lost 3 days business.

And after 6 months, my marriage is over.

Fed up!

Latest posts

Back