Down in the dumps...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so sorry to hear about your loss, I cannot really help except to say it will get better, my thoughts are with you and I hope the New Year brings you lots of happiness and good luck.

Here's a big :hug: x

Just looked at this again... You guys are so lovely :-x

My last post was the 7th October.

Since then, I have been so bad :-(

My nan passed away on the 22nd of October so I had to get out to Italy for a couple of days, since then, I just feel so miserable.

Had a little accident and drove into a large pothole/small crater in an unlit car park and my back is hurting me more now than ever and I find it hard to even get out of bed. I'm 34 and it can take 20 mins to get out of bed on a bad day.

I am working as much as I can and love it but so worried about everything.

Hardly got any money to show for my 3 jobs, nursery fees are killing me, we have all been ill with various viruses/bugs.

Monday, I was very ill and managed to get in with Dr, who said I had a food poisoning that I only could have got from contaminated food or water in an exotic climate. I'm 5 mins drive from the Welsh border for gods sake!

Spent Monday in tears as I was so bad, I had a few 'accidents' and felt so useless and stupid.

My son now has yet another cold and bad cough so I feel like I'm doing something wrong! He's been sick loads since September, with colds, viruses, possible chickenpox.

I know there are people much worse and all that but it still doesn't make me feel any better about things.

I actually for the first time since 2009, (when I was a bit post natal) that I thought about ending my life.

I miss my family and friends so much and am so worried about all my rent, bills, extra spends for Christmas, now terrified it's gonna snow as scared to drive in it, but still need to get to work.

I need a hug...

Sorry for being such a miserable bitch

H x

I think that anyone who is going through what you are would feel pretty down in the circumstances. I think the first thing to do is accept that the way you are feeling is a normal reaction to what you're going through. As part of this, you're going to feel what you're going to feel and that in itself is ok.

When I think about my money worries I try to remind myself that there are a lot of people in the same boat and it's not me who is dramatically failing as an individual all whilst masses of people are excellerating whilst I flounder. This is simply not the case. The bottom line is, there is a lot of difficulty going on at the moment. It's not fair and it's totally crazy but it's definately not your fault.

This will pass. I believe that things can't stay in one state for ever, they either have to improve or at least change. This will be the case regarding both your circumstances and how you are feeling.

Hang in there lady *hugs*

Bereavement, illness, money worries etc are all stressful events individually. Put them all in a short space of time, and the toughest amongst us would crumble.
You are clearly a very strong person to have got through it this far, so please stop being so hard on yourself. Its ok to react to stress.

If you really feel yourself falling apart, please ring the samaritans, they are wonderful.
I am sending you a cyber hug, and a little wish for some happiness. x

You're not being miserable honey, you're having a rough time. It happens to the best of us, and your not completely alone- you have your wonderful husband that you rave wonderful things about, and you have your Geek family to help you smile on occasion.

I can't add much to the great advice so far, but take everything one step at a time, and remember that your health and your family are the most important things to focus on.

Sending love and hugs to you, and I hope you find some peace of mind through the holidays x x

My nan passed away on the 22nd of October so I had to get out to Italy for a couple of days, since then, I just feel so miserable.

Had a little accident and drove into a large pothole/small crater in an unlit car park and my back is hurting me more now than ever and I find it hard to even get out of bed. I'm 34 and it can take 20 mins to get out of bed on a bad day.

Hardly got any money to show for my 3 jobs, nursery fees are killing me, we have all been ill with various viruses/bugs.

Monday, I was very ill and managed to get in with Dr, who said I had a food poisoning that I only could have got from contaminated food or water in an exotic climate. I'm 5 mins drive from the Welsh border for gods sake!

Spent Monday in tears as I was so bad, I had a few 'accidents' and felt so useless and stupid.

My son now has yet another cold and bad cough so I feel like I'm doing something wrong! He's been sick loads since September, with colds, viruses, possible chickenpox.

I know there are people much worse and all that but it still doesn't make me feel any better about things.

I actually for the first time since 2009, (when I was a bit post natal) that I thought about ending my life.

I miss my family and friends so much and am so worried about all my rent, bills, extra spends for Christmas, now terrified it's gonna snow as scared to drive in it, but still need to get to work.

I need a hug...

H x
You are NOT a "miserable bitch", you are a person who is having a really tough time at the moment. There is nothing worse than feeling worried about money, worried about your childrens' health, worried about work and worried about your own health, grieving for your Nan....it's not at all surprising that you are feeling very depressed right now.

However, I would strongly urge you to go and see your GP, especially if you are having suicidal thoughts. They may advise bereavement counselling and/or anti-depressants....either way, I think it's time you stopped trying to cope with this all by yourself and go and seek some help....for your own sake and that of your family too.

Have a huge cyber hug and don't let pride stand in your way of getting help.

Much love and take care
PB
x

You are NOT a "miserable bitch", you are a person who is having a really tough time at the moment. There is nothing worse than feeling worried about money, worried about your childrens' health, worried about work and worried about your own health, grieving for your Nan....it's not at all surprising that you are feeling very depressed right now.

However, I would strongly urge you to go and see your GP, especially if you are having suicidal thoughts. They may advise bereavement counselling and/or anti-depressants....either way, I think it's time you stopped trying to cope with this all by yourself and go and seek some help....for your own sake and that of your family too.

Have a huge cyber hug and don't let pride stand in your way of getting help.

Much love and take care
PB
x

I think there is some very good advice there. I may not know much about the beauty business, but in the job I do, I know quite a bit about the points you have raised earlier today.

It is imperative that you go and see your GP and speak openly about how you feel, it may be that you need some counselling, which may fill you with dread, but believe me, is not at all taboo or what you probably think.

Depression, high stress, bereavement are all things that can be dealt with if you seek help. It sounds as if you need to step back and have a look at what is going on in your life. At the end of the day you have to look after number one and you can't take on the World on your own.

It may take some courage to go and speak to a professional and admit it, but I think the time has come for you to do just that. Your health is paramount and if you are feeling how you say it is little wonder you are not functioning properly and if you do not address things then things will not improve and likely get worse.

It is likely that a break from work, all work, is necessary, you may think this is not possible but if you burn out completely you won't be able to work anyway.

As I have said and I make no apologies in repeating myself, seek some help now and as soon as you have done you should start to feel a little better immediately, but you have to listen to what the experts say and you are likely to have to change your lifestyle so that you can get some balance back in your life.

It is very achieveable but it isn't an instant fix. The fact you have come on here and said what you have is a start but you now need to tell someone who can really do something to help you.

Please take it from me, I speak from experience. Once you start your road to recovery it will continue to get better day by day.

I know you can do this and all the luck in the world with it.

Dear H.

We MUST get together soon. Funny enough, it was an old post of yours which led me here... when I saw you'd posted today. We Librans must stick together! Having met, you know that I so understand the 'missing my family' thing. Not trying to 'out-miz' you but (and this is in a 'sisterly-geek' bonding way...): I got divorced earlier this year, still sorting out finances, our house was re-wired, plastered, new kitchen TWO years ago and STILL not decorated (naked wires are SO attractive) and my dad has only just TODAY been discharged from hospital after three surgeries and two months in a hospital 175 miles away.... we've all got colds and I've got a massive cold sore.. It's been a crap year in so many ways!

But - I met you on the ET training, I went and did my Shellac earlier this week, we have a new front door and found a brickie that could actually lay bricks. My son was an absolute star in his nativity this morning and I want to go and get the oldest, saddest, one-eyed cat in the RSPCA or whatever, for my Christmas present....

I thing being away from 'home' is the hardest...maybe we should set up a support group for non-native northerners and do fundraising for transport down the M6?

PM me and we'll meet up soon. x

I am so sorry to hear about your loss, I cannot really help except to say it will get better, my thoughts are with you and I hope the New Year brings you lots of happiness and good luck.

Here's a big :hug: x

Thank you so much and I hope you have a lovely Christams too x

I think that anyone who is going through what you are would feel pretty down in the circumstances. I think the first thing to do is accept that the way you are feeling is a normal reaction to what you're going through. As part of this, you're going to feel what you're going to feel and that in itself is ok.

When I think about my money worries I try to remind myself that there are a lot of people in the same boat and it's not me who is dramatically failing as an individual all whilst masses of people are excellerating whilst I flounder. This is simply not the case. The bottom line is, there is a lot of difficulty going on at the moment. It's not fair and it's totally crazy but it's definately not your fault.

This will pass. I believe that things can't stay in one state for ever, they either have to improve or at least change. This will be the case regarding both your circumstances and how you are feeling.

Hang in there lady *hugs*

Thank you so much xxx

Bereavement, illness, money worries etc are all stressful events individually. Put them all in a short space of time, and the toughest amongst us would crumble.
You are clearly a very strong person to have got through it this far, so please stop being so hard on yourself. Its ok to react to stress.

If you really feel yourself falling apart, please ring the samaritans, they are wonderful.
I am sending you a cyber hug, and a little wish for some happiness. x

This made my cry... Thank you so much. Really kind of you xxx

You're not being miserable honey, you're having a rough time. It happens to the best of us, and your not completely alone- you have your wonderful husband that you rave wonderful things about, and you have your Geek family to help you smile on occasion.

I can't add much to the great advice so far, but take everything one step at a time, and remember that your health and your family are the most important things to focus on.

Sending love and hugs to you, and I hope you find some peace of mind through the holidays x x

My little Anthony does keep me strong... he truly is my reason for living.

A wonderful Christmas to you too xxx

Petit Basque and PeterD

I have actually been on anti-depressants since I was 19 due to a phobia of spiders.

At the time, I was a postwoman and used to see loads during Spring and Summer in doorways/porches/gates etc. It got so bad, I thought someone was putting them there to make me lose my mind.

Walked through a spider web one day and had loads of baby ones crawling on my chest... I ended up freaking out, running into the road and nearly getting myselfrun over!

Anyway it all got too much so I went to the Doc and I got put on these tablets...

Took myself off and got put back on many times over the years and managed to come off completely in Nov 2006 all thanks to MWilliams.

Unfortunately, I went back on them in 2009 because I was very depressed with things that had happened to us in London and following the awful labour I had.

This year I sat and thought, I got put on these damn tablets and never addressed my problem.

14 years is a long time to be on medication and I was still just as scared of spiders as I was at age 19. So I went in for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and in 12 weeks, I now have pics of spiders on my unit near where I wash my dishes in the kitchen and a jar spiders in, we've had a few but they don't last.

I started with Shuan and Bez but Shaun ate Bez then died. Then we got Boris a big spider who drowned himself, then we got Peppa and George but they are dead in there now.

I still don't like them but I am so much better, I picked a small one up which I would never do in my own home. My husband watched me let it crawl round my wrist then took it from me as I started to feel panic but he was so proud of me.

I've had mates come round saying, "There's a spider in your loo" and it's been ME that has rescued them from it instead of my hubby.

I did this for my Anthony as I do not want him to be scared like I was.

Instead of screaming, crying, panic attacks, running out the house down the road leaving the front door open (yes that is how bad I was) I now deal with it much better and if it is too big for my liking, I just call my husband and say, "sorry hun but that one is a bot too big for me to cope with" and he just deals with it but always goes on about how proud he is.

I have referred myself back to Docs on Monday to deal with probably a few more underlying issues from back in the day and more recently my labour. So hoping to get the help I need in the New Year.

As much as it would be so easy to just end it, I know I won't.

1) I'm not a selfish person
2) I'm actually scared to death of death
3) My son needs me
4) I couldn't do it to my husband, he needs me too

Thank you both so much though. it has really done me good to talk to you all on here. I know I shouldn't (pro forum) and hope I havent made anyone miserable as well but I feel like you guys are a community that I can reach out to.

H x

Dear H.

We MUST get together soon. Funny enough, it was an old post of yours which led me here... when I saw you'd posted today. We Librans must stick together! Having met, you know that I so understand the 'missing my family' thing. Not trying to 'out-miz' you but (and this is in a 'sisterly-geek' bonding way...): I got divorced earlier this year, still sorting out finances, our house was re-wired, plastered, new kitchen TWO years ago and STILL not decorated (naked wires are SO attractive) and my dad has only just TODAY been discharged from hospital after three surgeries and two months in a hospital 175 miles away.... we've all got colds and I've got a massive cold sore.. It's been a crap year in so many ways!

Oh no, I feel bad now :-( You can always chat to me... Thing is EVERYONE tells ME their probs and I love it because it makes me forget mine and helping people sort of gives me a sense of purpose

But - I met you on the ET training, I went and did my Shellac earlier this week, we have a new front door and found a brickie that could actually lay bricks. My son was an absolute star in his nativity this morning and I want to go and get the oldest, saddest, one-eyed cat in the RSPCA or whatever, for my Christmas present....

Yep, like me love. Good days, bad days

I thing being away from 'home' is the hardest...maybe we should set up a support group for non-native northerners and do fundraising for transport down the M6?

That sounds wicked!

PM me and we'll meet up soon. x

I am making it a NY resolution to get out and network and meet all my 'local' geeks so most definately xxx

H Glad you have booked in, try and get some counselling over tablets, they will probably try and give you tab's as it is the cheaper option, but it may be time to talk to someone.

I have started 2 different PM's to you, one was long but it I just couldn't get accross what I wanted to say so I abandoned them.

You are doing the right things, try and enjoy your family and Christmas and don't let work and everything else rule your life at this time. You come first, remember that.

Petit Basque and PeterD

I have actually been on anti-depressants since I was 19 due to a phobia of spiders.

At the time, I was a postwoman and used to see loads during Spring and Summer in doorways/porches/gates etc. It got so bad, I thought someone was putting them there to make me lose my mind.

Walked through a spider web one day and had loads of baby ones crawling on my chest... I ended up freaking out, running into the road and nearly getting myselfrun over!

Anyway it all got too much so I went to the Doc and I got put on these tablets...

Took myself off and got put back on many times over the years and managed to come off completely in Nov 2006 all thanks to MWilliams.

Unfortunately, I went back on them in 2009 because I was very depressed with things that had happened to us in London and following the awful labour I had.

This year I sat and thought, I got put on these damn tablets and never addressed my problem.

14 years is a long time to be on medication and I was still just as scared of spiders as I was at age 19. So I went in for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and in 12 weeks, I now have pics of spiders on my unit near where I wash my dishes in the kitchen and a jar spiders in, we've had a few but they don't last.

I started with Shuan and Bez but Shaun ate Bez then died. Then we got Boris a big spider who drowned himself, then we got Peppa and George but they are dead in there now.

I still don't like them but I am so much better, I picked a small one up which I would never do in my own home. My husband watched me let it crawl round my wrist then took it from me as I started to feel panic but he was so proud of me.

I've had mates come round saying, "There's a spider in your loo" and it's been ME that has rescued them from it instead of my hubby.

I did this for my Anthony as I do not want him to be scared like I was.

Instead of screaming, crying, panic attacks, running out the house down the road leaving the front door open (yes that is how bad I was) I now deal with it much better and if it is too big for my liking, I just call my husband and say, "sorry hun but that one is a bot too big for me to cope with" and he just deals with it but always goes on about how proud he is.

I have referred myself back to Docs on Monday to deal with probably a few more underlying issues from back in the day and more recently my labour. So hoping to get the help I need in the New Year.

As much as it would be so easy to just end it, I know I won't.

1) I'm not a selfish person
2) I'm actually scared to death of death
3) My son needs me
4) I couldn't do it to my husband, he needs me too

Thank you both so much though. it has really done me good to talk to you all on here. I know I shouldn't (pro forum) and hope I havent made anyone miserable as well but I feel like you guys are a community that I can reach out to.

H x

I am sorry to butt in but I just wanted to say... this post above shows how strong and determined YOU are. You are very brave, too.

Everyone has fears, weaknesses, strengths and determination. Life throws challenges at us just to show US once again how strong we are. No matter what comes across the paths you have chosen in your life, the challenges that await you there are to prove to YOU once again that you are a fighter that can get to a goal no matter what.

Some people have it easier, some - don't. But you (we) have to deal with monsters of our lives one at a time, open one chapter of a life as we are closing the previous one.

2010 (although it all started in 2008 more like) was very rough to me - in a few months I lost everything I had gained over the years (suppose its not much by a comparison and it was only material stuff and some people in my life that shouldn't have been there in the first place). It was absolutely heartbreaking. I spent months crying, feeling sorry for myself.

One morning I woke up and decided to start all over again. Back to basics, back to what I always wanted to do but never had the courage to. I'm yet to learn to open myself to people. I'm yet to learn to be proud of myself. I'm yet to learn that I'm not worse that a person next to me just because I did not finish uni.

We live and learn to love, to care, to be brave and to fight. It all starts from YOU. Once you start loving yourself - life will look and feel different. You will guide yourself through your ups and downs and you will be grateful for every challenge that came your way, just because it was there. Just because it made you the person you are today.

No matter how bad things look today - they will be brighter tomorrow xxxx

Please forgive for a long post. I hope it makes sense :) hugs.

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

I've read all the replies with interest, and you've received some fantastic support. I can see that you're feeling overwhelmed with everything at the moment, so I wanted to share with you a little story I read a few years back.

Now I did try and Google for this, but I couldn't find it, so I am writing this from memory. Forgive me for any errors, but it's late and I am tired. ;)

Why not go put the kettle on, come back with a cuppa and relax while you read the story?

Go ON!!!! :)

OK, here we go.........

Many years ago, in a concentration camp, a newly arrived prisoner is stripped of his belongings. He is stripped of his name. He is stripped of his hair. He is stripped of his family and his identity. The only thing he has to look forward to is starvation, depression and despair.

On his first morning he becomes hopeful when the guard informs him, "We have high hopes for you. If you do as we ask, and work very hard, we will set you free."

The other prisoners snigger, as do the guards, but the prisoner nods his head. "What do I have to do to be set free?", he asks.

A guard steps forward and informs him, "We have a field that needs turning over for the next year's crop. How are you with a spade?"

The prisoner nods and explains that he used to be a keen amateur gardener at weekends.

"Very well then!" the guard exclaims. "If you come with me, you can do this work. Once you have turned over the soil on our field, we will set you free!".

The prisoner is delighted and eager to begin. He follows the guard past the line of other prisoners shaking their heads and giggling.

The prisoner and the guard walk past the shower block and turn left. They pass the communal mess hall on the right and climb over the old wooden fence to enter a field of overgrown grass and weeds. The field is the size of 4 football pitches and resembles a meadow.

The guard says, "Like I said, if you can turn over all of the soil in this field, I will set you free". He then hands the prisoner a teaspoon, and shouts "Get to work!" before turning away and laughing.

The man feels despair and guilt. Guilt for believing the guard and despair at his certain future. But then he has a thought, and he begins to dig with his teaspoon.

6 bitterly cold winters pass. Everyday, the prisoner is in his field. Come rain, hail or snow, he is there, digging away. The summer sun burns him and the winter winds chill him to the very bone. The daffodils come and go each year, and the robin raises his young before migrating.

In the 7th year, he approaches the guard, and he asks him to come and inspect the field. By now he is a skeleton of his former self and his life that he knew seems long gone, but he has hope in his eyes.

The guard tells him, "I don't need to come and inspect the field. I have watched you struggle every day in every season, and you never stopped. You never gave up. Your friends and peers have come and gone, but you soldiered on alone. Tell me, before I set you free, what gave you the determination to do this? Everyone else gave up after the first week!"

And the prisoner replied, "I almost gave up myself when I saw the size of the field. But I didn't. I almost gave up immediately when you handed me that teaspoon. The task seemed impossible. But then I spotted a bird building her nest in a tree. She worked tirelessly, one twig and one feather at a time. By the end of that first day, her nest was built."

"And how did this give you the determination to carry on for almost 7 years digging my field with a teaspoon?", asked the guard.

The prisoner looked at the guard and exclaimed, "But I didn't dig your field Officer! I dug a small 1 square foot patch of grass every day! That's what made it bearable. I didn't even realise I had accomplished the final task until this morning, when I saw that there were no more square feet left to dig!"

And the prisoner walked free.

Hope this helps! :) One task, one day at a time.

xxx

I need a hug...

H x

Hi H, my heart goes out to you. I too have had a really bad year and can sympathise with what your going through. It's so easy for it to get you down as your mind can reply the hardest things. What I do is try and focus on something in my life that is positive, something that occupies my mind a d my time and makes me feel less down. Focus on saying goodbye to this year and looking forward to a fresh start in 2012. Although I dont have any children yet I know that au pairs are a much cheaper child minding service so if it's available in your area and it's feasible to your lifestyle it might take the pressure off you with nursery bills. Also I really believe word of mouth s the best source of advertising try and spread the word through your existing clients ask them if any of their friends go for treatments if they do ask them to recommend yourself, it works for me as I don't advertise I just have business cards. I hope you're feeling better xxxxx

I am sorry to butt in but I just wanted to say... this post above shows how strong and determined YOU are. You are very brave, too.

Everyone has fears, weaknesses, strengths and determination. Life throws challenges at us just to show US once again how strong we are. No matter what comes across the paths you have chosen in your life, the challenges that await you there are to prove to YOU once again that you are a fighter that can get to a goal no matter what.

Some people have it easier, some - don't. But you (we) have to deal with monsters of our lives one at a time, open one chapter of a life as we are closing the previous one.

2010 (although it all started in 2008 more like) was very rough to me - in a few months I lost everything I had gained over the years (suppose its not much by a comparison and it was only material stuff and some people in my life that shouldn't have been there in the first place). It was absolutely heartbreaking. I spent months crying, feeling sorry for myself.

One morning I woke up and decided to start all over again. Back to basics, back to what I always wanted to do but never had the courage to. I'm yet to learn to open myself to people. I'm yet to learn to be proud of myself. I'm yet to learn that I'm not worse that a person next to me just because I did not finish uni.

We live and learn to love, to care, to be brave and to fight. It all starts from YOU. Once you start loving yourself - life will look and feel different. You will guide yourself through your ups and downs and you will be grateful for every challenge that came your way, just because it was there. Just because it made you the person you are today.

No matter how bad things look today - they will be brighter tomorrow xxxx

Please forgive for a long post. I hope it makes sense :) hugs.

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

It does,

Sorry for not replying sooner. I tend to walk away from this then have a look again when I feel strong enough to reply.

I noticed some other threads about others feeling low, a sick (now deceased) baby.

Puts things into perspective a bit.

I have my adorable Anthony who is healthy and happy.

I shouldn't be moaning.

H x

I've read all the replies with interest, and you've received some fantastic support. I can see that you're feeling overwhelmed with everything at the moment, so I wanted to share with you a little story I read a few years back.

Now I did try and Google for this, but I couldn't find it, so I am writing this from memory. Forgive me for any errors, but it's late and I am tired. ;)

Why not go put the kettle on, come back with a cuppa and relax while you read the story?

Go ON!!!! :)

OK, here we go.........

Many years ago, in a concentration camp, a newly arrived prisoner is stripped of his belongings. He is stripped of his name. He is stripped of his hair. He is stripped of his family and his identity. The only thing he has to look forward to is starvation, depression and despair.

On his first morning he becomes hopeful when the guard informs him, "We have high hopes for you. If you do as we ask, and work very hard, we will set you free."

The other prisoners snigger, as do the guards, but the prisoner nods his head. "What do I have to do to be set free?", he asks.

A guard steps forward and informs him, "We have a field that needs turning over for the next year's crop. How are you with a spade?"

The prisoner nods and explains that he used to be a keen amateur gardener at weekends.

"Very well then!" the guard exclaims. "If you come with me, you can do this work. Once you have turned over the soil on our field, we will set you free!".

The prisoner is delighted and eager to begin. He follows the guard past the line of other prisoners shaking their heads and giggling.

The prisoner and the guard walk past the shower block and turn left. They pass the communal mess hall on the right and climb over the old wooden fence to enter a field of overgrown grass and weeds. The field is the size of 4 football pitches and resembles a meadow.

The guard says, "Like I said, if you can turn over all of the soil in this field, I will set you free". He then hands the prisoner a teaspoon, and shouts "Get to work!" before turning away and laughing.

The man feels despair and guilt. Guilt for believing the guard and despair at his certain future. But then he has a thought, and he begins to dig with his teaspoon.

6 bitterly cold winters pass. Everyday, the prisoner is in his field. Come rain, hail or snow, he is there, digging away. The summer sun burns him and the winter winds chill him to the very bone. The daffodils come and go each year, and the robin raises his young before migrating.

In the 7th year, he approaches the guard, and he asks him to come and inspect the field. By now he is a skeleton of his former self and his life that he knew seems long gone, but he has hope in his eyes.

The guard tells him, "I don't need to come and inspect the field. I have watched you struggle every day in every season, and you never stopped. You never gave up. Your friends and peers have come and gone, but you soldiered on alone. Tell me, before I set you free, what gave you the determination to do this? Everyone else gave up after the first week!"

And the prisoner replied, "I almost gave up myself when I saw the size of the field. But I didn't. I almost gave up immediately when you handed me that teaspoon. The task seemed impossible. But then I spotted a bird building her nest in a tree. She worked tirelessly, one twig and one feather at a time. By the end of that first day, her nest was built."

"And how did this give you the determination to carry on for almost 7 years digging my field with a teaspoon?", asked the guard.

The prisoner looked at the guard and exclaimed, "But I didn't dig your field Officer! I dug a small 1 square foot patch of grass every day! That's what made it bearable. I didn't even realise I had accomplished the final task until this morning, when I saw that there were no more square feet left to dig!"

And the prisoner walked free.

Hope this helps! :) One task, one day at a time.

xxx

Yes, this is amazing... Actually broke my heart reading it (softy, me).

Thank you, going on my positive affirmations notebook.

H x

Hi H, my heart goes out to you. I too have had a really bad year and can sympathise with what your going through. It's so easy for it to get you down as your mind can reply the hardest things. What I do is try and focus on something in my life that is positive, something that occupies my mind a d my time and makes me feel less down. Focus on saying goodbye to this year and looking forward to a fresh start in 2012. Although I dont have any children yet I know that au pairs are a much cheaper child minding service so if it's available in your area and it's feasible to your lifestyle it might take the pressure off you with nursery bills. Also I really believe word of mouth s the best source of advertising try and spread the word through your existing clients ask them if any of their friends go for treatments if they do ask them to recommend yourself, it works for me as I don't advertise I just have business cards. I hope you're feeling better xxxxx

Thank you Hun,

Your picture is beautiful.

Really sweet of you ALL replying.

Big love and I will let you know how it all goes (counselling).

Just had to come back to this and acknowledge you all tonight.

Have a wonderful Christmas,

H xxx

Latest posts

Back