Drunk client!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

depths

Reaction score
So I have recently started and had a lady booked in this afternoon for acrylic nails and shellac. She msgd me before hand saying she had a bad day at work and did I mind if she had a glass of wine whilst I did her nails (as I'm new it takes me quite a while to do acrylics so I thought yeah a glass will be ok). She ended up bringing a bottle and drinking the whole thing, was completely sloshed! Waving her hands everywhere, slurring, touching the un cured shellac, absolute nightmare! She wasn't rude or anything just very very drunk... She txt me afterwards to say how happy she is with her nails and wants to book again for refills and re shellac in 2 weeks but I'm just hoping the wine doesn't come with her again lol... What should I say? I don't want to be rude, maybe it was just a bad day for her??

I'd say nothing and chances are she probably doesn't byob to every nail appointment :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no! I have had a drunk client before at a pamper party, it's not easy is it? I would just make a joke of it but make it clear no wine next time.

Wow! I really don't know how you managed with her!

If she asks again about bringing wine say I'm sorry but I've checked my insurance and if anyone heard about you bringing wine last time I could get my business closed (or something along those lines) or be sympathetic and say I'm really sorry if you've had a bad day but for me to carry out my treatments to the best of my ability, you'll have to be sober. Or say she can bring chocolate or something :/

Wow! I really don't know how you managed with her!

If she asks again about bringing wine say I'm sorry but I've checked my insurance and if anyone heard about you bringing wine last time I could get my business closed (or something along those lines) or be sympathetic and say I'm really sorry if you've had a bad day but for me to carry out my treatments to the best of my ability, you'll have to be sober. Or say she can bring chocolate or something :/

I'm also a registered nurse so used to dealing with less than coherent people lol... Yeah that's a good idea and makes it not like I'm calling her an alcoholic or something lol... We'll see maybe it was a one off

Hopefully, maybe because you were so accommodating with her when she'd had a bad day you could get a really fantastic regular customer :)

Sure it was just a bad day, if she does it next time then say something but don't risk loosing a good customer over it x

As a fellow Aussie and knowing how bad our drink driving situation is here in OZ, I hope she didn't drive home.

I would not have allowed this at all but it's done now and you would never have dreamed she would behave this way, so I suggest not letting it happen again. I would be honest with this client and tell her how she behaved and impacted the service but of course, say it nicely.

I would gather you are a registered business and unless we hold a liquor license, we can't have liquor in a public business, so you could bring this up as a way to stop it from happening again and of course the insurance side of things too because you would not be lying, this is the truth, insurance would not allow this.
Imagine this......this client gets sloshed while you do her nails, you let her go home, she gets in car, smashes her car into another and kills 2 innocent kids 4 days before xmas and seriously injures herself, somebody who thinks suing is the best thing since sliced bread puts the seed in her head she could sue you because you knew she was over the limit but still allowed her to leave your place of business that shouldn't have allowed booze there in the first place and wham! you have yourself a law suit.
This is what could happen especially in todays society where people love to sue others and blame others for their own stupid mistakes.
It's just another angle to think about that's all.

There is a big difference between a client bringing a take away coffee from GJ's v's a bottle of wine from the bottelo:)
I know it's hard to say no, especially when new to the game but you must set the boundaries for your clients from the very first time they sit in that chair across from you.

I guess I have a very different take on this. I see what she did as completely unacceptable and something that needs to be addressed. The fact that she didn't even offer a little apology is troubling - sounds like this isn't unusual behavior for her.

I trust that there were no other clients there who witnessed her conduct. That could have a very negative impact on your business. It was incredibly rude of her to do it to you, but to other clients?! And there are insurance issue here as well. I think you should respond to her message with a simple. "Really glad you're happy with your nails. I can see you again on such-and such a date, but please leave the wine behind."

When i did my training i was told it was not a good idea to let a client have a drink unless it's in a closed container like a bottle, but no no to booze!

Oh well i guess you wont let that happen again will you xx :lol:

Latest posts

Back