Dry, flakey, bleeding scalp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vickypearce

Reaction score
Hello all,
My fiance's scalp is in a terrible condition and ive tried loads of stuff to help it. Its so flakey, big lumps not just tiny flakes. Its sore in some places, the bottom of his neck sometimes had wee small white heads which burst and sometimes bleed. Its very scaley looking esp when hes washed it.
To be honest it looks really bad and so sore.
Ive tried Nizoral, tgel, baby shampoo, non soap shampoo, coaltar, vinagar, coconut oil.... Not sure what to try next.
Ive told him to go to the docs but you know what men are like!
Can anyone recommend something?

Thank you all so much:hug:

he has to go to the doctor, because we cant see it we cant assess it, but even if he came into a salon with that we wud just advise he go to a doctor or pharmacist, if it is scaly all through out the scalp and he is scratching it their is a risk that he cud end up losing some of his hair if this results in scar tissue on thje scalp. . . tell him that and it might scare him into going to the doctor. . xx

i think you should tell him to go get it checked by the doctor, and any professional hairstylist wouldnt treat anyone with a condition like this and they would inform the client to go to seek medical attention...hope this helps and let us know how he gets on

x

go to docs sounds like infected psorasis , which is something that cannot be cured but can be controlled . I am a hairdresser but its something i know quite a bit about my hubby has been hospitaled with it ( but hes is all over so dont worry ! )
Its not contagious ( if its what he has) and shouldnt spread ,but new patches may appear and disappear .
My hubbys terrible at using his lotions and potions so we just use allergenics shampoo( health food shop) and tigis treat me right ( peppermint) conditioner the conditioner clears it a bit , but hubbys just grateful for anything that doesnt burn!
GO TO THE DOCS !

Like as been said it sounds like psorasis and he needs professional help to treat it.

Latest posts

Back