Dry flaking nails after enhancement removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tat1973

Reaction score
hi all
im new to "nails" so i think it must be something im doing wrong but i have applied enhancements on myself and my mum and after removing them, both of our nails are dry, brittle ,flaking and peeling.
Can you tell me what i may be doing wrong because i really want to apply them again but dont want my nails to get any worse.:)

hi all
im new to "nails" so i think it must be something im doing wrong but i have applied enhancements on myself and my mum and after removing them, both of our nails are dry, brittle ,flaking and peeling.
Can you tell me what i may be doing wrong because i really want to apply them again but dont want my nails to get any worse.:)

Hiya How were the nails removed ??

hi all

It could be the products you are using and no fault of your own at all.

Some products dehydrate the nails much much more than others. Like some forms of bleach dry your hair much more than others.

Top quality products such as I use ... are more understanding of the natural nail and bond to it differently ... that is one reason why they are worth using.

I soaked them off with cotton wool and foil.

I may try another brand as my nails are now in a right state and as a nail technician its quite frankly embarrasing!!

I soaked them off with cotton wool and foil.

I may try another brand as my nails are now in a right state and as a nail technician its quite frankly embarrasing!!

It is not what you soaked them off with .. it is most likely the products you are regularly using.

Use CND Solar Oil 2-3 times per day on those nails.

ive just soaked my nails off and mine are very weak at the moment but some of my clients dont have this problem so for me i dont think its my products so im presuming thats its just the difference with the strength and condition of our nails.i use my cuticle oil as often as i can and i also use a mavala nail hardening varnish which comes in two steps first you apply the coat which contains tiny little fibres and then you apply the top coat to smooth over the surface ready for varnish if you wanted to paint them.i use this last time and my nails were much stronger after 1-2 weeks of using this.:)

i would say its definitly the products you are using hun

when i first 'trained' (cough cough) i was using various brands (basically anything she could pick up cheap at her wholesalers i think) when i soaked my nails off they would be peeling flaking, dry brittle, awful tbh,

now i have medical problems at the moment which mean my nails are very weak and peeling, onycholysis is present and they disintergrate when they come into contact with acetone etc, but...... i recently started my foundation course with CND and as you can imagine when it came to soaking off the set i'd had put on in class, i was very nervous to see what state they were in (as id spent 4 months growing them and not having enhancements put on to get them better) guess what, there was nothing wrong with them at all, they were pink normal and not dry at all, i was amazed and sooo pleased, but..... on a suggestion from my tutor i used product remover and not acetone and that too makes a difference to how dry your nails and skin gets i think.

try a better product and see if it makes a difference to you, i think it would do hun

hths xxx

Last edited:
thanks alot. Im thinking of changing brands to see if its any better. xx

Latest posts

Back