Drying towels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nijopo

Reaction score
hi .. my tumble drier is about to pack up, and was wondering what the best most economic way to dry approx 30-50 per day, is a washer drier better or just a drier, what do u peeps do ? ta...

personally id always use seperate as once u have a load on thats it, were as u can have one load on washing whilst the other is drying. we had a combi one once, didnt like it at all, but thats just my opinion, id just make sure it has a really good spin cycle, that can cut the drying time immensly :)

I once had a combi one and I didn't like it, as it didn't dry as well as a seperate one

I prefer separate machines in case one breaks down. :eek:
If you've got room for both machines - get the two.
FYI - I've got a Whirlpool top loader which is great for bigger loads of towels and can be opened mid-cycle to pop another towel in (you know the scenario when you've just set the machine off and turned around to find another towel lurking at the bottom of the bag!!!!!)
I'm on my second one now (the first lasted me 10 years) Check it out, as being a top-loader, you'll need a space without a worktop above it.

Hi im not sure if you guys get Hair Journal Magazine but I saw something really interesting on the back page of it.
Someone has opened a business selling disposable hairdressing towels. There they look pretty good too! It saves you having to wash them etc.

Its Dye 'n Dry by Easy Life

Thought it might be of interest!

Separate ones I would say too , I also had one of those combi things and the drier on it was awful,
it took loads of electricity and ages to dry ,

here is a tip you may find useful
if you can spin your towels twice after washing on a fast spin
and maybe place them around the shop of an evening after they have been washed ,
you could dry them in the morning it will be cheaper electicity wise as they will be nearly dry ,

also have you got anywhere to pop them outside for the summer ?

difficult . i will say though that i remember once that we tried to get a dryer mended on guarantee and they wouldnt because it was being used when an industrial dryer should have been . i dont know if you have one of these but it might be a good investment . Or there are companys that take away and deliver towels ,i think the prices are quite reasonable because its all that they do ,in bulk as a contract

I wash mine and then tumble dry them. But as your doing so many would it not be cheaper to hire the towels? I will have to dig the info out but there are many places you hire the towels they collect and drop clean ones off to you. Might be worth adding up what is cheaper by the time you have purchased the towels, washing powder, plus the electric as the tumble dryers eat this!!

skrazeybaby is right - you should try Easydry towels. My salon uses them and they work really well. It saves money on buying and repairing machines, electricity, washing powder etc.

:green:

Latest posts

Back