Dye allergic reaction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you was trying to quote me then that isn't what I said. The original post was about her auntie. Not a paying client. And just for the record I would never do it on a paying client as It is not worth the risk. I was simply saying it can be done with sometimes with hardly any reaction but as I did say you can't guarantee that. But if this was my auntie. I would explain to her the risks and if she's happy then yes I would do what I said as I know how good I can do it. And no I wouldn't be charging her so it wouldn't just be for the money.

The problem is that you can't tell what degree of reaction you'll get....the first time maybe a rash...the next could be full blown anaphylactic allergic reaction.
Certainly wouldn't want to risk that on a family member or client...paying or not!!

Sent from my ST26i using SalonGeek mobile app

If you was trying to quote me then that isn't what I said. The original post was about her auntie. Not a paying client. And just for the record I would never do it on a paying client as It is not worth the risk. I was simply saying it can be done with sometimes with hardly any reaction but as I did say you can't guarantee that. But if this was my auntie. I would explain to her the risks and if she's happy then yes I would do what I said as I know how good I can do it. And no I wouldn't be charging her so it wouldn't just be for the money.

Brilliant!!!

You can hospitalize a loved one but dont do it on someone who is paying you.

No, I wasn't intending to single you out personally. It was your comment about doing it because the client is happy to take the risk. Lots of other geeks feel that the client can choose to take the risk but unfortunately, the law doesn't see it like that.

However, I'm not sure why you would do it for a relative and not for a paying client? Is it because you don't think a relative would sue?
Families are usually the worst kind of client when there's £££ at stake.

Just to clarify, if someone suffers actual harm, it's irrelevant whether they paid for the service. They can still sue you.

I think some of you need to calm down to be honest. I haven't even ever done it on family or client and it isn't me doing it!I got that she was going to colour her aunties hair anyway. People was commenting on saying of something she could use so at the end of my post I said I hope you find a product or a way to do it...

Hi guys my auntie has been using a black box colour for a few years and when I saw her after 6 months was shocked to see she has 6 inchs 100% grey and rest jet black, she says she had a bad allergic reaction pus coming out of ears. Swollen face, and didn't want to touch it again. I want to do her hair it looks quite bad, yes I'm trained, now I want to cleanse the black out. And use something like wella 6/75 6/73 all over. Now what my question is. What should I be looking for when I've done the skin test as ones I've done before on others come up slightly red. Infact all the ones I've done when I was in college come up red but we took this as fine to carry out service. What would a genuine reaction where you would not carry out a service come up like on the skin please? Thx

If I had a pic of it you would all understand why I'm trying to make it look better, it's one of them ones where literally everyone u see would be thinking what the fu# have you done or not done to your hair.

No, I wasn't intending to single you out personally. It was your comment about doing it because the client is happy to take the risk. Lots of other geeks feel that the client can choose to take the risk but unfortunately, the law doesn't see it like that.

I didn't say that tho in my first post. I said if you explain the risks. And YOUR happy to pay attention to the root area. I didn't say if the client was happy to take the risk!. So you did jump on me for no reason. I did say this in my second post. But considering I've NOT been asked to do it. I was only saying if I did. I could end up change my mind if it ever came to it. Who knows But the bottom line is I have NOT been asked to do it. And I have NOT to this date done it on any family or client. Only ever on an employer while I was training. So I think your going over the top with your comments in all honestly.

I am allergic to box dye hair colour, started out slightly red then when I tried again the patch test was red again and very itchy then I tried again and the redness and itching lasted 2 weeks too a point I was waking up with it during the night it was so sore
This was over about 2 years and it definitely got worse each time

I'm now my natural colour well getting there by growing it out
It's not ideal but sure is better than having a severe reaction

The colours I were using were dark browns so not sure if I would be allergic to the lighter colours or not

Plus I wouldn't touch a box dye now as I have learnt through sg just how bad they are

Just wanted to say that my reaction started a slight redness and went more severe

It's just not worth the risk

Wow let's all try to remember it's about giving people opinions, and helping and were all entitled to give them😃
Doesn't mean we have to get attitude when we don't like someone's opinion. The person looking for help, isn't getting help if it's an argument of back and forth😃
My opinion, search on Internet for what a reaction to color looks like 😉

My kids all turn red from water on the skin, so red doesn't mean reaction, it means were are fair skinned😃

Latest posts

Back