E E's.... Long, straight, very flat lashes... Help PLEASE!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justlashes

Reaction score
Hi Ladies, I lashed a lovely Lady today but it took soooo long. The problem was her lashes were lovely and thick and long but incredibly flat.. border line pointing down. They were laying totally flat on the pads which were protecting her bottom lashes.
Every time I tried to find and lift a lash it pinged straight back down onto the pad making it so hard to separate and apply and many of those I did apply stuck to the pad.
I did manage to get some on but had to constantly 'lift' the applied lash to allow it to dry before letting it rest back on the pad. Even then they were sticking to the pad.
My question is... how do you keep straight, flat lashes 'lifted' to ease application.
BTW I used J's 10's, 11's and 12's which looked fab... eventually!
I hope that makes sense and so sorry it's another EE question....x:o

Could you perm them first?

you could perm them with a large roller to get a bit of lift. as long as you give the lashes a good rinse and prime it won't affect the application x

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

Could you perm them first?

Hi Zo Zo... Thank you for your reply...I only do EE's as am very new to this.

Perhaps I should look into a perming course too? x

you could perm them with a large roller to get a bit of lift. as long as you give the lashes a good rinse and prime it won't affect the application x

Thanks PP... I only do EE's....:sad: ... I may have to look into a Perming course.

Any hints in the mean time? x

Eyelash curlers?? You will get better advice from someone who is more into lashes than me:lol: Eyelash curlers *may* make the lashes too curly. (Just a thought.)

A course in perming might be a good idea. I think there are basically two different ways of perming. The more traditional method uses a roller which is basically a very sticky cylindrical 'rod' which you place along the lash line and carefully lift the lashes up on to it (with a cocktail stick) then apply the solutions in a particular order and for a particular length of time. Then there is another method, which I found easier but I think has a less curled effect, more of a lifted effect, where you have silicone forms you place on the eyelids then lift the lashes up on to the form, then apply the solutions. (Both methods use glue.)

ok this is a long shot, i haven't tried it but how about.... sticking some eyelash perm curlers to the.edge of your eye pads to push the lashes up manually? shall i take a picture to explain what i mean?

It might be a good idea. I think there are basically two different ways of perming. The more traditional method uses a roller which is basically a very sticky cylindrical 'rod' which you place along the lash line and carefully lift the lashes up on to it (with a cocktail stick) then apply the solutions in a particular order and for a particular length of time. Then there is another method, which I found easier but I think has a less curled effect, more of a lifted effect, where you have silicone forms you place on the eyelids then lift the lashes up on to the form, then apply the solutions. (Both methods use glue.)

Thanks ZZ... I like the second option you mentioned as I, personally, have had my eyelashes permed and I don't think I need that level of 'lift/curl'
I would love to know more about the second option.... is there a company that offers that as a training course? x

ok this is a long shot, i haven't tried it but how about.... sticking some eyelash perm curlers to the.edge of your eye pads to push the lashes up manually? shall i take a picture to explain what i mean?

Hey PP.. I think I know what you mean but a picture would you fab! You are kind x

Eyelash curlers?? You will get better advice from someone who is more into lashes than me:lol: Eyelash curlers *may* make the lashes too curly. (Just a thought.)

A course in perming might be a good idea. I think there are basically two different ways of perming. The more traditional method uses a roller which is basically a very sticky cylindrical 'rod' which you place along the lash line and carefully lift the lashes up on to it (with a cocktail stick) then apply the solutions in a particular order and for a particular length of time. Then there is another method, which I found easier but I think has a less curled effect, more of a lifted effect, where you have silicone forms you place on the eyelids then lift the lashes up on to the form, then apply the solutions. (Both methods use glue.)

I also like the eyelash curler option...perhaps the heated ones would give a quick, temporary effect for me to work with.....? Great advise. You girls are so kind.. thank you xx

ill go and put it together.and grab my fella as a.model lol

I can't really recommend a course but I'm sure someone else will. Whereabouts are you?

(Ask your local wholesalers?)

Here is a link to the silicone curlers, just so you can see what they look like :)

Buy Lashperm Lashlift Curlers Lge (10) from Beauty Express

Ah yes, heated curlers again would be a gentler lift than traditional lash curlers.

I can't really recommend a course but I'm sure someone else will. Whereabouts are you?

(Ask your local wholesalers?)

Here is a link to the silicone curlers, just so you can see what they look like :)

Buy Lashperm Lashlift Curlers Lge (10) from Beauty Express

Ah yes, heated curlers again would be a gentler lift than traditional lash curlers.

Thanks Honey. I've found a perming course with the same company I did the EE training with... but I reckon either the rods that PP is busily working on her boyfriend with, the eye lash curlers, and the Lash Lift Curler link you sent me will give me the solution I need! xx

You just need to place some micropore tape vertically over the brows and pull up and it will lift the lashes off the pad. I have a few clients whose lashes sit on the pad and this works a treat.

I'm with Angelina, really lifts them to help in application x

Sent from my GT540 using SalonGeek

You will have some clients whos lashes touch the lash pad. When this happens you should try taping the eyelid up a bit to lift the lashes off the pad.

I'll try to describe what I mean. Secure lower lashes as normal. Rip a small piece of tape. Stick one end down the middle of the eyelid. Pull eyelid up slightly and press tape down on eyebrow. Check the underside of the eye to make sure it's still closed. You don't want to pull the eye open allowing glue fumes in.

This should do the trick. I've been lashing full time for over 3 years now and I've never needed to use lash curlers or to perm the lashes. I have done the perming course but never perm lashes.

The other thing I'd advise is switching to B curls then trying c curls. You will do much better sets of lashes.

I've got a really old post on lash curls you may want to read:

http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/107390-eye-lash-extensions-what-curl.html

Did an old thread on eyelash application tips:

http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/108100-eyelash-extension-application-tips.html

I've also got some old threads on my lash journey that might be of interest. Might give you some ideas:

http://www.salongeek.com/biz-geek/107843-how-i-built-up-my-lash-clientelle.html

http://www.salongeek.com/biz-geek/107844-how-i-built-up-my-lash-clientelle-part-2-2-a.html

Good luck x

Yes i use heated lash curlers if the client has flat lashes and wants a curlier extension or struggles to normally fit a j lash. They are brill x
Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

The only trouble with using lash curlers is that the lashes will drop back down again naturally after a time so the finished look straight after lashing is not going to be the same as the look the next day.

I tape the eyelids as well (as described by the other ladies) it just lifts the lashes slightly but not enough to open the eye. Works a treat x

Latest posts

Back