Ear piercing & swimming pools

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twid

Reaction score
Hi Geeks, opinions please........

A client would like her ears pierced at the beginning of the summer hols so that they're healed nicely for the return to school in September. However, she's going away shortly (approx 1 week) after having them done. Initially she thought she'd be swimming in the sea which I didn't see as a problem as the salt water would be OK for them. Now she tells me that they'll have a pool and would it be OK instead, I'm not sure - what do you think?

Karaxxx

I'm not trained in piercing but I would imagine the pool will be more sanitary than the sea due to chlorine?

I'm not trained in piercing but I would imagine the pool will be more sanitary than the sea due to chlorine?

Yeah bizarrely I didn't think of the chlorine! I just imagined all these bodies and the germs floating around but of course they must sanitize the water!

Karaxxx

Im a body piercer nope you cant go swimming after a piercing shel have to get them done afterwards x

<3 Stephanie <3

She'll be fine, just make sure to rinse with boiled & cooled or bottled water afterwards :)
It depends on the person & their immune system really.

I think I'll advise her not too, as she goes at the start of the hols she'll have about a month before she goes back too school and they should be well on the way to healing by then. I'd rather that than her pick up an infection on holiday!

Thanks guys

Karaxxx

Latest posts

Back