Ear Piercing Training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suzie49

Reaction score
Anybody know where I can get a good training course from for ear piercing. Thanks :hug:

Think ellisons to it matey

I looked in there diary and cant see it...first place I looked. Will give them a call tomorrow hun Thanks...x

Hi
Adels do a caflon ear piercing course, really cheap aswell but you will need a licence for the premises, in sheffield the license is £250, they will have to come out and look at the premises.

This goes for all the ear piercing.

HTH,
Laura

i did caflon at NSI it was £10 i think the same price at sallys

When is it on Susie?

The licence for my borough is £98.00, it must be a huge variation according to whereabouts you live...

When is it on Susie?

The licence for my borough is £98.00, it must be a huge variation according to whereabouts you live...
23rd June, in Nuneaton, Leicester hasnt got one running. Apparently its different again if your mobile or work from home,so I was just informed, but I will wait and see from the Leicester Council, rather than speculate. :hug:

I'd like to offer this, but I want to do it the "proper" way, with a needle, rather than with a gun.
Does anyone know where I could get such training, please?

I know there is a body piercing school in Glastonbury that uses only needles. I was thinking about training in ear piercing, but I to prefer using needles, done all my ear ones myself, then had a gun one done and the difference was shocking, and the healing time was hugely different/

The British School of Body Piercing Professional Body Piercing Courses Tuition and Training Frequently Asked Questions
This is the one lelahs talking about.

Calla, they do offer every kind of piercin g training, but its incredibly expensive.

I'm now wondering where abouts in Newbury you are, because to be honest I'd be more than happy to go through it with you.
Drop me a pm if you fancy it, I visit Newbury every few weeks xx

Edit to add:
Insurance is a massive issue here though. It seems that if your salon is in a separate premises to your home (i.e not a home salon) then the insurance folks really dont want to know about body piercing.
I'm trying to get a nod at the mo' from some insurers, & if i get no joy there, well I wont be piercing for a while, not until i set up somewhere else. :(

Last edited:
I'm just outside Newbury - midway between Newbury and Basingstoke.
Thanks for the offer - I may just take you up on it! I have a home salon, so if I've understood you correctly then insurance should be less of a hurdle.
Thanks again!

Insurance is one thing the council is another, this also varies from state to state. in many it is not just the premises, but each (individual)person at the said premises that carry this out. Our London salon is like this.

Su x

I'm just outside Newbury - midway between Newbury and Basingstoke.
Thanks for the offer - I may just take you up on it! I have a home salon, so if I've understood you correctly then insurance should be less of a hurdle.
Thanks again!

oops, no, the opposite unfortunately.
Most insurers dont deal with needle piercing full-stop, but the ones that do, seem to have an issue with home salons. :rolleyes:

Incidentally, my local authority are absoloutley fine about it, in fact they even said they'd be okay with me doing it as a mobile piercer,
but the insurance providers, grrr.....the story continues with that one for me.
:)

The licenses do vary from council to council, for instance, the borough I'm in wanted £315.00 for it as opposed to my neighbouring one £60.00 so I never bothered with it for what you can charge for piercing ears I just couldn't see making it pay really - could be wrong but I kind of imagined that the majority of business would come from school girls and if this is the case, since they are not allowed to wear earings for school in the main, then the bulk of work would come at the start of the six weeks holidays so not a lot of time to capitalise on it. As I said, I could be way off the mark here

Latest posts

Back