Ear piercing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dont know if this will help any of you guys overseas but i trained with the Blomdahl system in aust. Its relatively new here but its medical plastic which prevents nickel reactions so its great on the kiddies and the gun, if used correctly, never actually comed into contact with the skin. Along with each ear ring being packaged individually it makes it a 100% hygenic system. The earrings are a little more expensive but if available over there i would highly recommend it.

thanks for the info Tinalita, you informed me bette than my ex-boss ever did! By the way, the chicken bone: cartilage.

RuthW said:
thanks for the info Tinalita, you informed me bette than my ex-boss ever did! By the way, the chicken bone: cartilage.

Thanx! Cartilage, i've heard that before :) Thank you so much!

Tinalita said:
I'm a bodypiercer. Started doing piercing in 1998. But if you are going to do piercing, you can't have long nails.
If you only think about the ear-piercing-gun, you can do it, but remember that these guns are ONLY for the ear-lobe, not for the nose or upper part of the ear!!!

i did the caflon course and she told us we could use the gun on the upper part of the ear, but we would need to get extra insurance.
you must have different laws over there

Helencad said:
Yeah mines around £65 with Caflon?!?! Thats all I know but its with my local college!!

i bought my caflon kit at the show for around £30 or £35 at the most then training was £10.

Katmoz33 said:
i did the caflon course and she told us we could use the gun on the upper part of the ear, but we would need to get extra insurance.

It has nothing to do about laws. The skin-type is the same even if you're british or scandinavian.

Katmoz33 said:

Hi i too did the Caflon ear-piercing course and they said that i could also do the top of the ear with the gun!! I have 15 piercings, 6 in my left ear (2 being at the top), 7 in my right ear (3 being at the top), my nose & my belly button!!! Every piercing apart from my belly button was done with a gun!! With no probs!! :D :D I have had people ask me about percing their nose but not done it, i was advised that it was no longer the way its done but re the top of the ear as long as you don't go to high (having to tilt the gun) then it should be fine!!

Personally i hate needles lol!! Re the nose piercing a would prefer the gun to a needle as its quick, pain free and they could push the needle in too far lol!! Don't want the needle embedded in my nose lol!! Scaryyyy:D

1999judy said:
I do ear piercing and Tooth Fairy tooth gems. So far I have had to pierce about 20 babies and my nerves are in shreds afterwards. The tooth gems are a big hit with the kids in the school holidays but to start it the stuff is quite expensive.

Hi Judy what training did you do for the tooth gems?? The kit at NSI is £199 was looking at getting it but they've not set up the training yet so wondered what you did for it?? Want to do my eldest sons ear but haven't tried yet lol haven't done any little'en yet bet its nerve racking!!

The reasons why the peircing gun should only be used on the ear lobes are that when used to peirce cartilage (nose or anywhere on the ear that isnt the lobe) it mangles the cartilage whereas a needle makes a distinct hole and a gun shouldnt be used on any other part of the body because apart from being impossible to sterilise 100% it just isnt powerful to make a hole all the way through. There has been a peircing gun invented to do body peircings but it is uneffective (tearing the flesh and not peircing all the way through) I had a peircing done in my upper ear with a gun (before I knew this) and the peircing was realativel;y painless but it didnt heal so I took it out. I then had one done about 3 months ago witha needle with hurt like hell. it has also formed a keloid scar (lumpy thing) and Ive been on v strong antibiotics twice, once with septecemia.
Id recomend anyone who wants to offer a peircing service to do some training and do research into peircing ie what you can and cant peirce) and also if you have proper knowledge you can also offer a back up service if something does goes wrong.

leah82 said:
Hi Judy what training did you do for the tooth gems?? The kit at NSI is £199 was looking at getting it but they've not set up the training yet so wondered what you did for it?? Want to do my eldest sons ear but haven't tried yet lol haven't done any little'en yet bet its nerve racking!!

Hi I took the Caflon course too. I think it was about £60 for the kit and £10 to do the training which they took off the price of the kit. The first couple I did were babies and I had a total hot sweat but I'm getting into it now. Especially as I know that they are ok as their mums come to the sunbed shop!

1999judy said:
Hi I took the Caflon course too. I think it was about £60 for the kit and £10 to do the training which they took off the price of the kit. The first couple I did were babies and I had a total hot sweat but I'm getting into it now. Especially as I know that they are ok as their mums come to the sunbed shop!

God sorry! Did the tooth gems through the post! Its easy but really expensive as I charge £6 per time and at £200 its gonna take a while to get the money back before profit.

avivajoy said:
The reasons why the peircing gun should only be used on the ear lobes are that when used to peirce cartilage (nose or anywhere on the ear that isnt the lobe) it mangles the cartilage whereas a needle makes a distinct hole and a gun shouldnt be used on any other part of the body because apart from being impossible to sterilise 100% it just isnt powerful to make a hole all the way through. There has been a peircing gun invented to do body peircings but it is uneffective (tearing the flesh and not peircing all the way through) I had a peircing done in my upper ear with a gun (before I knew this) and the peircing was realativel;y painless but it didnt heal so I took it out. I then had one done about 3 months ago witha needle with hurt like hell. it has also formed a keloid scar (lumpy thing) and Ive been on v strong antibiotics twice, once with septecemia.
Id recomend anyone who wants to offer a peircing service to do some training and do research into peircing ie what you can and cant peirce) and also if you have proper knowledge you can also offer a back up service if something does goes wrong.

This is what i tried to explain further up, but my english is not that good!
Thanx for telling your story :)

Tinalita said:
It has nothing to do about laws. The skin-type is the same even if you're british or scandinavian.
i understand the skin is the same in either country, but you obviously have been trained not to pierce the top of the ear with the gun...whereas i have been trained to pierce the top of the ear with the gun...caflon is approved by our government to peirce ears (top & bottom) so you must have different rules....or laws etc...

I have also been looking into ear piercing and would go for the Caflon gun. However, I have today been in touch with my local Council and they charge £99.00 just for the registration. I think this is very expensive, as you would have to do quite a few piercings just to recoup this fee alone. Not sure I'll bother now.

:cry:
Debbie

Thanks geeks.... lots of replys and info been added, :D been off all weekend. Ive decided to do it on Thursday so I better check with my council now then :rolleyes:

Does anyone know of an ear peircing course in London this august? Thanks xx

I don't agree with the use of guns for piercing any part of the body, including earlobes.

I have many piercings, all performed with needles by the most experienced body piercer in the North West, Carl. He is the one who educated me regards the problem with using guns for piercing human flesh, whether it be soft tissue, mucosal tissue, or cartilage.

A link to the specific page on his site....

http://www.bodz.info/guns.html

I have had the bottoms of my ears done 3 times with guns, all healed fine, top of my ear and belly button with a needle, not fine. Neither healed up at all, especially my belly button.

AmydeMan said:
I don't agree with the use of guns for piercing any part of the body, including earlobes.

I have many piercings, all performed with needles by the most experienced body piercer in the North West, Carl. He is the one who educated me regards the problem with using guns for piercing human flesh, whether it be soft tissue, mucosal tissue, or cartilage.

A link to the specific page on his site....

http://www.bodz.info/guns.html
I agree with all that youve said EXCEPT for the bit about the earlobes. A good quality gun can be used for the earlobes only (although a good qualified body peircer will not touch a gun and will use a needle). semi-interesting fact: there are guns that have been made for body piercings - but they are utter c%@p. thanks for the reply and the link. xx

Latest posts

Back