Ear Piercing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 28883

Reaction score
Does anyone offer this in their services? I am doing the Caflon course in April and just wondered if others get many work from this.

I trained in it 2 years ago for an added service. To date I have carried out three treatments!!! :confused:Has anyone else had better luck?

I trained a couple of years ago and not done it once!!

You need to be registered with your local council to perform ear piercing and most counties charge a fee and have certain criteria you need to meet before granting a certificate!

hth :)

Yes I have looked into the registration licence in which I will follow up upon finishing the course. I am freelance and have heard that a licence is not always needed if your not working in your home or salon, but I am unsure on that so I will enquire once completed as I always like to be above board.

I have offered it for about 3 years now and have done about 7 people.
It's worth just having t there!!
xxx

Hi
I did the course last year. I`ve done about 50. Thing is with me, my rooms is ajoined to my husbands barber shop and I get more trade I guess. Also I find that young lads/boys would rather have it done with me than go to say `Claires`.
Its laughable tho. Caflon course was £10 but when I registered withmy local council it cost me £250!!!!
Its a service I enjoy doing tho.
hth
Sarah xxx

NatalesBeauty

My local council costs the same, and yes the course is £10 ish for me and I have my kit already lol.

It's true, i had completely forgotten how much it cost with local council. I suppose you've got to laugh!!:cry:

I also am qualified with this service but find that I get most clients in the summer hols, when the kids are off school and want or NEED their ears piercing - think it just a "want" rather than a "need" - and sometimes the cost of the council licence aint worth the bother to be honest

Are the council fees a one off paymetn or annual? I guess at £250 they wouldn't be annual! Think I've just answered my own question!!!:rolleyes::lol:

Hey pure, how do you get that music onto your website?

Hey pure, how do you get that music onto your website?

lol I have no idea but I want to get rid of it but don't know how!!!! :lol::rolleyes:

Are the council fees a one off paymetn or annual? I guess at £250 they wouldn't be annual! Think I've just answered my own question!!!:rolleyes::lol:

What a rip off, typical council!!

hi, where abouts are you doing the course? i am going to do one, they are not too expensive it works out more once you have bought the kit obviously, but i would see how many people are interested before i got the £250 license. i want to book a course but i cant find one? x

Once trained in this and a full kit it CAN make you plenty of money....more so with young girls and you NEED to advertise the service well before the summer holidays start from school, as it takes 6 weeks before the earrings can be removed for PE etc.
I have pierced HUNDREDS of people ranging from babies (after all their jabs).... to school kids...to adult men and women when I worked in a salon.
Advertise and make sure you are competitive in this time of the old credit crunch...it's literally 10 mins work.
I can't remember what the licence cost me but I don't think it was over £60.....I think they determine the cost by each council it's not a set rate.
Something learnt is never forgotten.

Also if you train with Caflon and in however many years time they decide to bring out a new gun, you take your old one back and swap it for the newer on free of charge!! Thought that was pretty good but im easily pleased lol xx

Latest posts

Back