Earlest age for laser?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsNM

Reaction score
Hi all

I just needed some professional advice from beauty experts here. I am not a professional in beauty or anything just like to ask for advice from time to time.

My daughter is 11 years old, we are from the sub continent and asian skin complexion. I guess it is genes but my mother had( before IPL and threading) upper lip hair , so did I and I used to thread and now have laser done. My daughter sometimes gets picked on at school for the hair on her upper lip, its just normal Nothing thick but as our hair is black it is more noticable and i have told her this that everyone has it so do white people but theirs is often light in colour so not obvious. She understands this but i feel so sad for her when she comes home upset about comments.
The comments aren't too commen but when it does happen it does upset her. When is the earliest age when she can have laser treatment done?
I would have thought 18 due to hormones etc but I am not the expert here. Also any tips as to what I can do in the mean time about the upper lip hair? I would be happy to leave it to bbe honest but just curious if there is some magical thing we could do. Thanks.

Earliest would be 18 because of hormones. Also you are dealing with laser which is very powerful and at 11 her skin is still quite delicate so I would not want to risk finding somewhere willing to do before 18 as she could potentially end up being scarred,as some places are not as highly regulated. Maybe take her to a salon or clinic that offers the treatment so they can explain why as sometimes hearing it from your mum isn't enough. Hope that helps :)

Latest posts

Back