Eczema on scalp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubba82

Reaction score
Hi Hair Geeks,
After some advice please? My daughter (6yo) has always suffered with patches of eczema on her scalp and the only shampoo i've found to keep it at bay is head & shoulders! I was advised to try a tea tree shampoo but that just seemed to make it worse so have gone back to head & shoulders but am aware it's not great for the hair & her hair seems dull from using it so does anyone have any recommendation that i can try please? Thx

try polytar from chemist,its for body mainly but can be used fir hair i believebut check with chemist hun xx

just checked its a shampoo too;)

Check out joico treatment shampoo, I have a couple with eczema and psoriasis and they love it, and its healthy on their hair... Have a read and maybe try it out x

Go to the dr's for steroid drops, (betnovate scalp) it clears up weaping itchy exzema in a couple if days,

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek

Eucerin & E45 make shampoos too. None of them make your hair nice though. I wouldn't be too worried about dull hair so long as it clears her eczema.

Do these shampoos help with eczema in other parts of the body as well?

think polytar does xx

Thanks will def give the polytar a try then as she gets eczema on her body and this weather is causing havoc with her eczema at the mo :(

bless her must be awful xx

I'm not a professional hair messer but I do suffer from eczema,I have used Tgel,polytar,tea tree,all do the trick,T-Gel I found the better one,I have eczema pretty much everywhere but on the scalp is so itchy. I also use Aveeno products,natural stuff in there but I am unsure if they do a shampoo. Your daughter has my sympathy,I have had eczema since I was a baby,have the scars to prove it!

Bath and Shower Oil | Aveeno I dont see why you couldnt use this as a shampoo,x

Latest posts

Back