Education... what did you do in the beginning?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Education, what did you do in the beginning?

• Untrained

Votes: 24 5.0%
  • 1 or 2 day course

Votes: 67 14.0%
  • college course

Votes: 195 40.6%
  • 4 day or more course

Votes: 194 40.4%

• Total voters
I did my IHBC through college using Bio Sculpture, but intend to go and do a a workshop - sculpting - at Bio Sculpture as we didn't really do a lot of that, mainly overlays and tips.

I recently completed the NVQ level 2 Nail treatments, I am hoping to go onto to learn gel nails but finding information about good training providers is really hard how do you know your making the right choice about the company and it costs a lot of money im scared to make the wrong decision and regret it, I dont want to continue at college as I felt the tutor didnt know what she was talking about and didnt have enough time to teach us the basics properly. Any one else experienced this can you tell me what you did and what I should do to qualify in gel nails?
Thanks

Laura

I have been doing nails for 7 years and my course was 250 hours.....with pretty much the same things anatomy etc.....but they really only trained me to pass the state board...it was a completely different story in the salon.

paid quite a bit for a 3 day training course, doing all systems, but when i got on here reliesed i had paid money just for the basics. haven't been doing nail very long (6months),

Yeah me too but was a 4 day course am going to do a conversion course with nsi or creative but both are quite a way for me to go. plus the nsi charge about £150 to do the conversion then you need to buy your stock so i'm not too sure which i will do yet:confused:

Latest posts

Back