electrolysis with Ballet needles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hmama

Reaction score
Hi, i've just passed the electrical epilation module and learnt how to use a blend machine with a sterex machine.
In my hast to practice blend at home,(as blend machines are usually at least "£400 and i got mine for £200) i bought a Skinmate elite blend machine but had a heart attack when i saw that it could only use Ballat needles as the stem of the sterex machine will not go in.
I have tried probing with this machine but i have to say that i feel very shaky. Now i've a big professional machine sitting in my bedroom that i can't use.

Can anyone that uses ballet please let me know if it they are hard to use or how to sell a professional machine.

Hi.

I have used ballet one piece needles, but that was years ago for electrolysis. The reason why I stopped using them is I found the sterex two piece easier to probe with. Like with any thing it a case of practice and you'll get it. You just need to be precise in your probing. I do use ballet needles for red vein removal and they are easy to use for that. I would try and practice your probing and see if you can master it before selling it. The guild have a selling equipment section on their website.

Hth

Carla-Jane

Don't throw in the towel just yet! First of all beauty suppliers do a range of connectors that suit different machines. Sterex, Probex, Uniprobe do more than one connector for their needle holders. Contact the House of Famuir as Skinmate are their own brand and may be able to guide you. I use Ballet needles all the time as I prefer them. The two piece needle gives more follicle feedback and some feel more confidence because of this.

Just to add if the sterex and Ballet needles are both the F shank then they should both fit. I presume that isn't the case? If it is then try gently pulling apart the metal part that holds the needle - sometimes they are too tight and the needle shank will not fit.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your advice. It's great to have such experianced people give advice to us students. I think because i'm so scared of probing as it is, i just did not want to have to try on a different needle but i think i'll just have to try a bit harder. Thanks again for the reply.

Latest posts

Back