Electrolysis

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautyboutiquek

Reaction score
Hi all, i'm a newly qualified level 3 BT and I recently did a level 4 electrolysis course tagged onto my level 3 qual, meaning I can now treat thread veins, cysts, skins tags and other blemishes. I was wondering how this method of treatment was being received by customers these days as it isn't the least painful of the options, but might be the cheaper. I have to get a local authority licence which costs heaps in my area and need to know whether its worth it.

Thanks

Electrolysis certainly still has a following - particularly among transgender clients. If you get yourself known as an experienced electrologist who is good at treating transgender clients, then you will likely find yourself with some very loyal repeat clients - many of whom will need perhaps hundreds of hours of treatment in order to clear "male" facial hair.

At a guess, hair removal is almost certainly the "bread and butter" of an electrologist's career; I'd imagine that the other treatments, while certainly useful, won't be called upon as regularly as good old hair zapping...

Thank you Ruth. Super quick reply. New to salon geek and still finding my feet so sorry for slow response. I treated transgender clients in training so agree this is good method for those going through the transition.
Thanks for advice.
Erica x

Hi - I havent done electrolysis on paying clients for a good few years now - so I think I need a refresher very soon.

My opinions on electrolysis are that it is now a bit of a niche treatment. Not many do it but there is still and always will be a demand.

Just as Ruth said - get your name out there and I can guarantee you will build up a clientel (not overnight - but over the next few years) .

Laser and ipl have over took it BUT it cant treat white hairs - simple as that. So someone who has had great results with laser or ipl will be pretty gutted if their facial hair still feel rough due to grey/white hairs. This is where electrolysis will become victorious. And it will finish the job.

Also for small patches of hair - laser will be too expensive in comparison.

I feel like lots of old treatments that were popular in the 80's and 90's have had a bit of a resurrection. Body wraps were huge in the 90's - then died off - then BOOM - we have them popular once again. So I feel that electrolysis may just be the next popular thing to come back with a BOOM for those who have simply forgot it exists.

Good luck and enjoy!! xx

Latest posts

Back