Electronic cigarette - any users?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go to Totally wicked website and get a tornado tank (mines pink :) ) couldn't recommend them highly enough!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Will have a look, what flavours do you use?? I started off thinking I wanted one that was like and tasted like a cig but realised after using the one I've got it's not working as very easy to just go 'oh may as well have a fag then!!' Lol

I really like the cherry menthol flavour.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I can't live without mine! I've tried loads of e cigs but the Socialite one with the little tank to refill is great, I've got the vanilla flavour with the nicotine in (to stop me growling at people lol)

Plus you don't have to stink, or stand outside in the cold lol

I've just bought an ego c slim from TW and like the red label 1.4 strawberry, pineapple and tutti frutti. They have an offer on the ego slim kit just now too, also if you follow them on twitter or facebook they do discount codes quite a lot hth x

I used Green Smoke e-cig to give up best thing ever. I went from the second highest nicotine content, down to the lowest content and would have gone down to zero but fell pregnant so just stopped altogether. I found the ecig really helped with not putting weight that often comes with giving up.

A lot of the problem is the FDA does not want to approve them, as they contain nicotine and they don't want to approve nicotine obviously. The ecig companies as long as they don't advertise their ecigs as an aid to stop smoking then they up till now don't have be approved. They simply say they are an alternative to smoking.

I kind of feel like you're damned if you do, damned if you don't. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but let's face it this country makes an insane amount of money off of cigarettes, tobacco and cigars. The government have also taken away a lot of the smoking cessation services, so apart from going cold turkey where does that leave smokers trying to quit?

We have a No Match shop here and you see so many people using them, they're taking over. Smokers stink so bad that I'm sure that the lack of that horrid smell must be a strong motivation.

Happyfeet... When you reduced your nicotine intake did you notice much difference in cravings? Or was the hand to mouth action enough?

I'm still on the 2.5 of nicotine, and getting through a little tank a day, apparently the same as 40 cigs, I never smoked 40 a day lol,

Just wondering if I cut the intake down will it make much difference? If that made sense? :)

Of course the government want a cut wouldn't mind seeing the amount of tax they get from cigs :eek:

Will have a look, what flavours do you use?? I started off thinking I wanted one that was like and tasted like a cig but realised after using the one I've got it's not working as very easy to just go 'oh may as well have a fag then!!' Lol

I got the Tornado T starter pack and I had the american tobacco that came with it, it was the strong one. I didn't ask for the strong one but I'm glad they sent it! Then I got a cappuccino one too. I've still got about half of the cappuccino one left! I found they lasted ages but I didn't 'smoke' it I just had a couple of puffs whenever I felt like it.

With me, it wasn't so much the taste, it was the throat hit and the fact it created enough 'smoke' I could see blowing back out again if that makes sense?!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was on extra strong nicotine now I'm on I think it's low or medium. I tried the ones with nothing in and found I still wanted nicotine. However, when I smoked there was the panic of no lighter, no rizla, no papers, no filters etc I remember I would stop at garages, shops any where to get my pack of cigs or pouch of tobacco. Now if I am out and about and my e cig battery goes, I am not running to the nearest garage to get a disposable one, I just wait to get home and charge it. When I smoked I would spend all my hoilday money in duty free, but a new packet half way through my old one to make sure I never run out. With the e cig that "urgency" feeling is not there. X

Happyfeet... When you reduced your nicotine intake did you notice much difference in cravings? Or was the hand to mouth action enough?

I'm still on the 2.5 of nicotine, and getting through a little tank a day, apparently the same as 40 cigs, I never smoked 40 a day lol,

Just wondering if I cut the intake down will it make much difference? If that made sense? :)

Not really tbh. What I did find helpful though, was sitting down with my ecig like I would a normal cigarette rather than just having it as and when iywim. I to seemed to smoke more on the ecig to begin with but once I kind of timed myself to not continually keep puffing and spend the same sort of time I would on a normal fag I got back to the amount I normally smoked. Then I just cut down from there. For me it was definitely more hand to mouth than the actual addiction. You tend to clear the addiction quite quickly by lessening or stopping all the other chemicals you take in when smoking. The nicotine is obviously an addiction but from what I've read the other chemicals are harder to kick. So actually I guess thinking about your question more, the lower nicotine should lessen the nicotine craving. Ha! Sorry that's really a contradiction there lol.

I found in the end the ecig helped me kick the cigs simply because well, it's not the real thing. So I passed the hand to mouth habit, lost the craving for the cigarettes themselves and thought it's pretty pointless to keep smoking something that's not the real deal, if that makes sense.

Xxx

Not really tbh. What I did find helpful though, was sitting down with my ecig like I would a normal cigarette rather than just having it as and when iywim. I to seemed to smoke more on the ecig to begin with but once I kind of timed myself to not continually keep puffing and spend the same sort of time I would on a normal fag I got back to the amount I normally smoked. Then I just cut down from there. For me it was definitely more hand to mouth than the actual addiction. You tend to clear the addiction quite quickly by lessening or stopping all the other chemicals you take in when smoking. The nicotine is obviously an addiction but from what I've read the other chemicals are harder to kick. So actually I guess thinking about your question more, the lower nicotine should lessen the nicotine craving. Ha! Sorry that's really a contradiction there lol.

I found in the end the ecig helped me kick the cigs simply because well, it's not the real thing. So I passed the hand to mouth habit, lost the craving for the cigarettes themselves and thought it's pretty pointless to keep smoking something that's not the real deal, if that makes sense.

Xxx

Yeah that made perfect sense - in. Contradictory kind if way haha, I haven't had a REAL cig since 1st jan, I keep puffing on my e cig and feel much better.

I have 2 little bottles of 2.5 strength juice in vanilla, they will keep me going for about 6 weeks then will drop down to a lower dose

Xx

I'm not a smoker but my last couple of friends that hadn't quit use ecigs and have now not smoked a proper ciggie for over a year. I think it's brilliant.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi, i bought a slim ecig thanks to this thread & i really love it, don't have to go outside now at home & no smell, but i only started friday & today i feel really tired out, has anybody else found this, maybe it's just my body adjusting?

Hi, i bought a slim ecig thanks to this thread & i really love it, don't have to go outside now at home & no smell, but i only started friday & today i feel really tired out, has anybody else found this, maybe it's just my body adjusting?

I went to my chemist after changing and described my symptoms also google quitting smoking. All the chemicals in real cigs stimulate you and change your body so when you quit you will be tired, faint, get cold symptoms and really awful mouth sores and get constipated. When I went to see my pharmasist he said all of this is from quitting the cigs. Good luck u will be fine xxx

I went to my chemist after changing and described my symptoms also google quitting smoking. All the chemicals in real cigs stimulate you and change your body so when you quit you will be tired, faint, get cold symptoms and really awful mouth sores and get constipated. When I went to see my pharmasist he said all of this is from quitting the cigs. Good luck u will be fine xxx

Hi, yes i feel a bit faint as well, but hopefully will go away after adjusting, i can't believe it's just like smoking a real one & wish i tried them earlier, not looking forward to the other symptoms! but i really don't think i'll go back to normal cigs now, thanks for the advice x

Me and my stepdad both got one at the same time and went cold turkey together using just the totally wicked, about two months after we both started coughing up blood 😕 xxx

Me and my stepdad both got one at the same time and went cold turkey together using just the totally wicked, about two months after we both started coughing up blood 😕 xxx

Any more info on this? Did you see your doctor? :eek:

I have to say that I quit using ecigs and ended up with 2 serious chest infections and pleurisy. Stopped the ecigs and felt better straight away.

We both binned them straight away, I went to docs and he couldn't confirm it was that, but stepdad being a typical male refused to see doc, we were both fine after a few days of not using it, it could have been totally unrelated but it's abit coincidental, deffo put me off them xx

Latest posts

Back