Embedding lace in gel - Any suggestions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lozenja

Reaction score
I have a client that loves nail art and she is very keen to have lace as part of her gel nails (I use Bio-Sculpture) I have been doing Bio-Gel for just under a year now and am confident with sculptures and overlays. I have not done much nail art as my primary job is working in the airline industry and my colleagues (many clients) are restricted in what colours and effects they can wear.

Tips I would love to know...

• Where to source lace from.. ie links (none of my salon suppliers stock much nail art supplies at all
  • How to inbed
  • any special techniques
  • best tools to use
Thank you so much for your time and help!!

Lozenja xx

Hi. If you're keen to use real lace, you can get lace trims or lace stickers from craft stores in either the sewing section or scrapbook section. You'd embed it just like any other nail art material, sandwiched between 2 layers of clear product (l&p, gel, or fibreglass). However, I did see on nail delights a lace foil. That would probably be quicker to use. :)

I did some at college on Tuesday with calgel French. I could not get it to stick in the sticky layer so I used resin to glue it on, filed the frayed bits and the applied clear over the top and filed to make sure the surface was even, then applied another thin layer of gel for shine back...

Oh and I used proper lace.

Marking this for later! :green:

How about trying a Konad lacey design? Would this be an acceptable alternative?

Of course! Why wouldn't it be? :)

I was thinking if OPs client wanted to try real lace for a particular reason (I dont know.......maybe a scrap from a special outfit or somthing) or if a lace effect would be acceptable instead. Sorry I should have made myself more clear. :o

I did this on a client a few days ago. She'd actually found the lace herself and asked if I could use it. :))

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1328823098.875932.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1328823098.875932.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 1,418
If u go on bio sculpture USA they have loads of nail art ideas and step by step guides hth xx

I was thinking if OPs client wanted to try real lace for a particular reason (I dont know.......maybe a scrap from a special outfit or somthing) or if a lace effect would be acceptable instead. Sorry I should have made myself more clear. :o

Yea I kinda figured that after I posted. My bad! :o I will say this though, with real lace, I find it difficult to work with gels unless I've used resin and fibreglass to hold it down first, in which case, it would be the fibreglass encasing it, not gel. I have tried brushing some gel on the lace prior to placing it on the nail, then sculpting on top of that but some of the heavier laces had little spaces that didn't have any gel in it causing bubbles. (thankfully this was on practice tips and not client whew!) lol

I did this on a client a few days ago. She'd actually found the lace herself and asked if I could use it. :))

Pretty!!!

Thanks guys, I was more after real lace rather than Konad. (nothing wrong with konad) Ok so off to the craft / textile shop :)

If my nails look at all decent will post a pic later. The pictures already displayed are fantastic!! Something to aim for...

If u go on bio sculpture USA they have loads of nail art ideas and step by step guides hth xx

omg so many exciting ideas to try!!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back