Employer messing me about? What do you think?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kylieb

Reaction score
Hi all. I was just after a bit of advice as to what you guys think i should do. I'l try and make it as short as poss.

In August i put an add on gumtree,stating that i wanted a salon job for just saturday's to begin with as i was about to start level 3 in beauty.
The lady of a salon emailed me to arrange an interview. So i went along.

The owner of the shop does not have a clue about beauty as she is a nail tech and has a shop just doing nails.
She said she definately wants me to start in her new salon that she is opening to do beauty. It should have opened begining of september, so i waited. The middle of september came and heard nothing,so i sent her a txt (waste of time ringing her , she never picks up) asking her what is going on. She explained that there was a hold up and would be the end of september now that i could start.

Its now the begining of october and ive called and txt her and no reply.
If she doesnt want me to work for her i wish she would just say so i can get on and find something else!

Has this happened to anyone before?
I dont know if i should hold out ,as i do really want this job s she is going to train me in a hell of a lot of treatments that i can add to my qualifications. Or do i go for another?

Help xxxx

I think you should look elsewhere this doesn't seem like a good start she is obviously not very professional and you could be waiting forever for a response. Why not go to her shop and talk to her face to face otherwise look elsewhere. :hug:

There are three considerations here: Your potential employer may just be very busy!; or, she may be very rude and is blowing you off; or, this is your clue that you'd probably not want to work for someone who's so unprofessional.

Maybe this is your sign from the Universe that something else, much better, is waiting for you!

Hugs, kelly

Keep trying to get in touch with her,
can you imagine how much stress she must be under trying to get a salon ready to open,
it could be lots of things that are holding her back
workmen working slow or not been able to get the materials they need to complete the job,
solicitors dragging their heels with the paper work
there are lots of other things that can hold up the opening of a salon too hth :hug:

Personal i would say move on but quietly.
She may have the stress for the new salon but from the other hand it is unpro.
She could at least contact you and explain the reason for delays.
The fact that she is not contacting you indicates two things.
A. She do not have the time
B. Change her mind.

Either indicate bad management.

Solution:
Move on for something else,but keep your door open in case she comes back to you.

If she comes back to you, then that is a plus and you will have to consider then.

Cheers

I would be looking for something else in the meantime. I would also contact the owner through whichever means you can get in touch with her asking to confirm in writing if she still interested having you there and when will you be starting. Make it official. Also let her know if she fails to get back to you this time, you will be going elsewhere.

I would really start looking for something else, there should not be a problem finding the right place, especially if you only looking to work on sat.

I have had such experience before, they kept me waiting for 4 months and then decided not to, luckily I had a backup, which feels like it was meant to be.

Good luck:)

Keep trying to get in touch with her,
can you imagine how much stress she must be under trying to get a salon ready to open,
it could be lots of things that are holding her back
workmen working slow or not been able to get the materials they need to complete the job,
solicitors dragging their heels with the paper work
there are lots of other things that can hold up the opening of a salon too hth :hug:

I would be looking for something else in the meantime. I would also contact the owner through whichever means you can get in touch with her asking to confirm in writing if she still interested having you there and when will you be starting. Make it official. Also let her know if she fails to get back to you this time, you will be going elsewhere.

I would really start looking for something else, there should not be a problem finding the right place, especially if you only looking to work on sat.

I have had such experience before, they kept me waiting for 4 months and then decided not to, luckily I had a backup, which feels like it was meant to be.

Good luck:)

I agree with both Loubyloo and nataliya.
It is a very stressful time opening a Salon, and I am sorry but your Saturday job just may not be a priority for her. Her loss I am sure.
I would do as Nataliya says.....and with everything in life it is always good to have a back up plan ;)

Good Luck.

Latest posts

Back