Environmental Health Inspection and Ear Piercing Pricing Help Please!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah22

Reaction score
Hey geeks, I recently completed my ear piercing course, and am scheduled to have my environmental health visit tomorrow for my licence. I'm really scared!! Lol. Can anybody tell me what exactly the inspector looks for when he comes out? My rooms have just been re-decorated, everythings clean and tidy, I change my barbicide daily, have fresh couch roll on my beauty couch and nail bar for each client, my wax pot is spotless and so is my waxing trolley. Have I missed anything? I'm probably being silly, but I'm really nervous :-/

Also, I wanted to ask all of those who pierce ears... How much roughly should I be charging? I know it really varies on area, but just to give me a rough guideline?

Thanks xx

Hi hun.
He/she should ask for your Insurance documents etc. but everything you`ve listed they should be looking for..I can only comment on my area which is Wales...i charge just £10..but was shocked at the price for the councils fee which was £250..same licence as a tattoo shop, which is what they need for tattooing and all the bits they pierce lol ..
Think we should have a slightly reduced fee if we are going to just pierce the lobes (as i do)
hth
sarah xx

Do you have a sink were you will be piercing ears? This was a must from environmental health in my area x

Thanks for your replies!! I'm insured with The Guild and I don't employ anybody, would my certificate from them do? I don't think I have any other documents from them :-/

I don't have a sink in my wee room!! Oh no!! I feel slightly sick lol xx

U`ll be fine hun..thers always hand sanitizer and i presume you were taught to use gloves...it made me wonder whn i did the piercing course at the ladies that were on it that were just stay at home mums..not a therapist not anything..just gonna do friends n family..doubt those ladies would of contacted their council. xx
If thers anything the officer suggests you put in practise then he`ll just call again in a few wks
Honestly ull b fine...x

Thanks!! I stress over these things something serious lol. Yes I use hand sanitiser like it's going out if fashion lol, have a big bottle sitting on my nail bar in my room.

It's so strange how the licence fee varies, I only had to pay £25!!

Thanks for your reply :) xx

Thanks!! I stress over these things something serious lol. Yes I use hand sanitiser like it's going out if fashion lol, have a big bottle sitting on my nail bar in my room.

It's so strange how the licence fee varies, I only had to pay £25!!

Thanks for your reply :) xx

License fees varie from each council , i had to pay £125 x

I had mine last year no need to worry they just have a checklist of things such as when you wash your hands r u using paper towels, pedal bins, gloves etc. They didnt look at anything in detail just questions really! I got all prepared with everything and she was there for 10mins just ticked a few things. I think they're relaxed when it's lobes just standard hygeiney stuff. I paid 125 for my licence and another 125 for the building to be registered. Bloody rip off really for just lobes but it is what it is! Don't stress tho worst case is they ask u to rectify a couple of things before they post out ur licence. Hth x

Just realised uve probably already had the check lol x

Yes had the check!! All was fine, he actually said our hygiene was higher than average compared to the salons he's visited in the surrounding area!! Was very pleased :-D

My licence was £25 and the building had been registered by the previous owner of the hairdressers.

Thanks for all of your reassurance xx

Latest posts

Back