equipment needed for mobile waxing please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanne91

Reaction score
hi everyone im starting a waxing course next month as i want to do waxing mobile... can anyone please give me a list of what i should buy? i want to get things now so that i can get started straight away.... please explain things really simply, like i said i havent done the course yet so i havent actually got a clue! lol, xx

Hi I do mobile waxing amongst other things, here's a list of things I always take with me. You'll be able to get them all from a wholesalers but you will need to register with them in order to get professional discount.

1. Couch, couch cover & couch roll
2. Wax heater & wax
3. Waxing strips, spatulars & cotton pads
3. Pre wax cleanser, post wax lotion/oil, I sometimes use talc, calm down cream for sensitive clients
4. Tweezers & sissors
5. Extension lead (personally I dont take one, never found I needed it!)
6. Towels (for use on client + protection for their furniture if you put your wax pot on it)
7. Hand sanitizer (for me, in case I cant get to their bathroom to pre wash hands), sanitizer wipes for couch
8. Consultation cards, aftercare cards & Diary (dont miss out on making next appointment before you leave)
9. Sheet to protect their floor (again I dont use one but useful if you're just starting out)

Cant think of anything else atm LOL

HTH
Karaxxx

Last edited:
the search button is your friend ;)

good luck with your course! are you training with a brand? if so, are you getting any start up kit?

are you going to be using strip and non strip wax?

i use both so i have 2 wax heaters. 1 for each. i have the hive digi heaters.
i use perron products (strip wax, non strip wax, blue lotion, jasmin oil, refreshing gel)
i have cotton pads for applying blue lotion
plastic sheet for over bed
table for putting wax goodies on (fold down 1 from argos which i also use for nails)
bedroll for wiping and for under client
extension lead (just incase i'm not near a plug!)
consultation cards
written aftercare
msds sheets
box for carrying your stuff in
treatment bed (go for the lightest possible! i got mine from therapy2000 which i think they are having a vat free sale soon so you might get yourself a bargain!!)
scissors
wax strips
tweezers
sanitising wipes for cleaning bed (i use mundo)
spatulas (i have a plastic box for mine so i'm not faffing around with ripped cardboard boxes that they come in because they don't half get trashed and end up spilling your spatulas all over everywhere :( )
carrier bags (just bags i get when i go shopping so i can put clients yucky fluff filled used stuff in abag for them to get rid of)
shower curtain (incase i spill anything it catches it... or fingers crossed it should!)
gloves
hand sanitiser (i also take a lil bottle of hand wash with me so that i'm not using clients own hand washing stuff)
receipt book (so that i know where i am money wise)

don't forget things like a pen for consultation card, price lists/business cards to share out with their friends, loyalty card (if you're having a loyalty scheme) to give to clients.

hmmm i can't think of anything else i use for waxing i'm sat here going through it step by step in my mind but that's all i can think of :\ i've probaly forgot something really really important haha but i'm sure somebody else can fill in any blanks :)

have a lovely training day! x

Hi I do mobile waxing amongst other things, here's a list of things I always take with me. You'll be able to get them all from a wholesalers but you will need to register with them in order to get professional discount.

1. Couch, couch cover & couch roll
2. Wax heater & wax
3. Waxing strips, spatulars & cotton pads
3. Pre wax cleanser, post wax lotion/oil, I sometimes use talc, calm down cream for sensitive clients
4. Tweezers & sissors
5. Extension lead (personally I dont take one, never found I needed it!)
6. Towels (for use on client + protection for their furniture if you put your wax pot on it)
7. Hand sanitizer (for me, in case I cant get to their bathroom to pre wash hands), sanitizer wipes for couch
8. Consultation cards, aftercare cards & Diary (dont miss out on making next appointment before you leave)
9. Sheet to protect their floor (again I dont use one but useful if you're just starting out)

Cant think of anything else atm LOL

HTH
Karaxxx

Thanks thats really great,... what wax should i be looking at and do you use one of those beautician trolleys,..like a suitcase? and what sort of couch? obviously one that folds and do you take you own stool? thanks xx

the search button is your friend ;)

good luck with your course! are you training with a brand? if so, are you getting any start up kit?

are you going to be using strip and non strip wax?

i use both so i have 2 wax heaters. 1 for each. i have the hive digi heaters.
i use perron products (strip wax, non strip wax, blue lotion, jasmin oil, refreshing gel)
i have cotton pads for applying blue lotion
plastic sheet for over bed
table for putting wax goodies on (fold down 1 from argos which i also use for nails)
bedroll for wiping and for under client
extension lead (just incase i'm not near a plug!)
consultation cards
written aftercare
msds sheets
box for carrying your stuff in
treatment bed (go for the lightest possible! i got mine from therapy2000 which i think they are having a vat free sale soon so you might get yourself a bargain!!)
scissors
wax strips
tweezers
sanitising wipes for cleaning bed (i use mundo)
spatulas (i have a plastic box for mine so i'm not faffing around with ripped cardboard boxes that they come in because they don't half get trashed and end up spilling your spatulas all over everywhere :( )
carrier bags (just bags i get when i go shopping so i can put clients yucky fluff filled used stuff in abag for them to get rid of)
shower curtain (incase i spill anything it catches it... or fingers crossed it should!)
gloves
hand sanitiser (i also take a lil bottle of hand wash with me so that i'm not using clients own hand washing stuff)
receipt book (so that i know where i am money wise)

don't forget things like a pen for consultation card, price lists/business cards to share out with their friends, loyalty card (if you're having a loyalty scheme) to give to clients.

hmmm i can't think of anything else i use for waxing i'm sat here going through it step by step in my mind but that's all i can think of :\ i've probaly forgot something really really important haha but i'm sure somebody else can fill in any blanks :)

have a lovely training day! x

Thanks very much thats really helpful, as for the wax im not sure... :-S the course is with the threading academy... but it doesnt state..xxx

Hi, i use creme wax, you can get this from salon services or online (ebay or amazon) i find it much nicer to work with and there is various ones (t tree, cherry etc). as for the wax pot, i recommend one that you can sit the actual tub of wax in due to being able to put the lid back on it after using. It saves wax spills (not easy to get a whole tub of wax off the car seats haha). hope this helps and good luck :D

Sharron <3 xxx

did you not ask them when you booked the course what you would be training in and using? LOL :\ if not, give 'em a quick call and ask them what the course covers and what wax they use so that you can get a better idea of what to expect and so you can do a search on here and get other 'geeks' oppinion on the product :) it might be worth asking if you need to provide a kit for the course too. x

did you not ask them when you booked the course what you would be training in and using? LOL :\ if not, give 'em a quick call and ask them what the course covers and what wax they use so that you can get a better idea of what to expect and so you can do a search on here and get other 'geeks' oppinion on the product :) it might be worth asking if you need to provide a kit for the course too. x

lol, its ok ive not booked it yet, am waiting for my sister to decide which course she is doing as theres a few on the same day which she is interested in... ive just had a look at salonsdirect and theyve got a starter kit...
link waxing starter kit 1000cc heater an warm wax kit... can you have a look and let me know if thats the right sort of thing please? yeppp one that i can put the whole pot in sounds brill.... think this one does :-S xx

Hi, i use creme wax, you can get this from salon services or online (ebay or amazon) i find it much nicer to work with and there is various ones (t tree, cherry etc). as for the wax pot, i recommend one that you can sit the actual tub of wax in due to being able to put the lid back on it after using. It saves wax spills (not easy to get a whole tub of wax off the car seats haha). hope this helps and good luck :D

Sharron <3 xxx

lol, yer that sound perfect ive just had a look on salonsdirect.. theyve got a starter kit on there,..link waxing starter kit 1000cc heater and warm wax kit. can you have a quick look please and let me know if you think thats ok? I think it is one you put the pot in? xx thanks

I use honey wax, finding it spreads well and I can get it nice and thin, although I've used most kinds and it tends to be a personal thing a bit like whether you use fabric or paper strips or any strips at all (ie with hot wax). I have got a pot of lavender creme wax for some clients who are sensitive to the Honey one.

Get the best portable couch you can afford, the more you pay the lighter it usually is. Mine is pretty heavy and its something that drives me mad, but Im not going to swap it as Im doing less mobile these days.

I dont have a stool and stand whilst doing all waxing, I like to be above the client. I dont know when you'd sit unless doing facials etc, as you need to constantly move between client and waxing items. Others may have a different opinion though.

I just carry my things in a collapsable crate, cheap and easily stored at home. However, I've got a crate on wheels (like a suitcase with a pop up handle) for when I know I've got to walk a long way or go up a hill!

Karaxxx

I am quite sure the pots can sit in that one. Looks a really good deal :D Find out what your course can offer you, when i was at college we could order kits etc through them :D

Sharron <3 xxx

Latest posts

Back