Essential Nails Course - Good or Bad?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emches

Reaction score
I'm new to salon geek and so not sure if this is the right forum for this question - apologies if I got it wrong!

I am looking into a home learning nail technician course, I wonder if anyone has any recommendations?

I have discovered a couple of courses but they are all assessed by written papers with nothing practical included. I want something more practical but am unable to commit to an evening class as my free evenings vary each week. Has anyone done a course with Essential Nails that can let me know how they found it?

I'm wanting something that covers the basics of skin and nail anatomy and basic manicures but from the website I can't tell if they do this as well or if they only cover the enhancements. Also, does the course cover enhancement removal? Or do I need to get the nail maintanence course for this! I also would love to hear from anyone who could recommend something similar that can be learnt from home (again, I am unable to do a course at college at the moment). I am in the UK so need something that is recognised here.

Essential Nail course gal here, there are a few of us on the site, and yes I would recommend it, but only if you are self motivated, it covers the basics in nail anatomy and nail diseases..(but the encyclopedia of nails is a must)imo.
You also do the basics in salon hygiene, etc. and all the practical of the course you take ..either gel acrylic fibreglass... you get a recognised certificate at the end..you can get insurance and you can get employment, if you don't want to work for yourself..I am on my 3rd course now..having passed my gel and maintenance I'm now doing the acrylic sculpt. If you take this route I am sure you will enjoy it, and we are here if you need to ask questions xx:hug:

Hi, welcome to the site, if you search the threads you will find lots of information about essentials nails. Their is a lot of mixed views about homelearn courses but i have successfully completed 3 essential nail courses. Maintenace course is seperate and as for manicure that is not covered through essential nails..xx

Latest posts

Back