Essential Nails - kinda peed off ! any comments?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh no i hope they have not changed it! I can afford to buy extra stuff for it with the course being £369 mine was meant to be coming today but i dont think it will because we have deep snow!! YEY!!! hehe! I will have to give EN a ring to ask them about it
Hannah x

well Im doing my course and I have had 2 further packs of tips and 2 further packs of trainer nails FOC so far this year

I also have had free trainer nails and tips this year, but you will need to ring or email them up for these, as they won't be free if you order from the website.

I managed to complete my course using the same files and buffers, so didn't use any extra, I think the file and buffer pack is around £4.00, but if this is too expensive I would get them from ebay or somewhere cheaper.

I think the tips are good because they are designed to go on the nail trainer and all the sizes are designed to fit, you might be complicating things getting different tips to put on the trainer, so I would finish the course with the tips you are supposed to.

If you're not satisfied give them a ring, they are a really friendly bunch and I hope the rest of the course goes well for you.

becky is right about the tips, the sizes provided are specifically to fit the nail trainer nails. I personally havent had a problem with the quality of them but even so, they are only for pretend clients not real ones and they would be more interested in your application than the tip quality, as thats not something you can influence. Regarding the previous comment that they are too thick, they do show you how to thin the free edge to look natural after they have been cut to the required length. Im sure if you call them back they will be able to sort something out x x x

Hi,

I'm doing the gel course and so far have had to phone for a pack of nails and a pack of tips. This was free, but I called before xmas. I should still be able to get another 2 packs of each for free, but if it's changed I hope they don't charge too much.

It's probably just me, but I find some of the tips you get don't fit the trainer properly. One of the nail sizes I'm practicing on (either the 13 or 6), the tips you get are either too big or too small.

the number 13 nail is a b*tch!!!! I have been using a bigger sized tip and filing the sides in, to get a better bond as the nail is really flat, its a nightmare isnt it?

Hi,I'm on the gel course, purchased before Xmas, and have just had my third allocation of nail trainer nails and tips FOC. A lady called Elaine was helping me out and I would recommend that you talk to her because she was very very very helpful! I ordered them on Tuesday afternoon and they arrived this morning.With regards to the files, I think they are quite cheap in comparison to others. I looked in Sally's for some once and I nearly had a heart attack at the price (but then I don't have a Sally's card so maybe they are not so bad with one of those). They work out about 52p each inc VAT. The problem I have with EN is the extortionate P & P charges. But Elaine threw my order in with my allocation of nail trainer nails and tips and so P & P was free even though I spent £20 on towels and wipes! Give them a call, I'm sure they will help you!

Hi there

I bought an Essential Nails Gel course just after xmas. Although the tuition seems to be good, I'm pretty annoyed with it myself, as the website states that the pack includes everything you need to pass the course. This isn't true unfortunately. I started the course at the end of March and within a couple of weeks I needed new files and buffers and loads more practice nails and another of the special tips selection that they send you initially. Although I got files and buffers from elsewhere, I had to buy extra trainer nails at £12.76 + VAT and p&p.

Plus, to pass the course, it also states that you need to complete 30 sets of nails for the final assessment card (so 300 nails in total) and they only send you 100 in the pack in the first place!

Anyone else had this trouble?

Laura :rolleyes:

laurastein1511 said:
Hi there

I bought an Essential Nails Gel course just after xmas. Although the tuition seems to be good, I'm pretty annoyed with it myself, as the website states that the pack includes everything you need to pass the course. This isn't true unfortunately. I started the course at the end of March and within a couple of weeks I needed new files and buffers and loads more practice nails and another of the special tips selection that they send you initially. Although I got files and buffers from elsewhere, I had to buy extra trainer nails at £12.76 + VAT and p&p.

Plus, to pass the course, it also states that you need to complete 30 sets of nails for the final assessment card (so 300 nails in total) and they only send you 100 in the pack in the first place!

Anyone else had this trouble?

Laura :rolleyes:
This has been discussed at length in this thread so read all of it and see what NailsinLondon said about this problem and what you get free if you run out....YOU CANNOT ORDER THESE EXTRA ITEMS FROM THEIR WEBSITE YOU NEED TO RING THEM, the number is in NailsinLondon's reply too.

harvey said:
becky is right about the tips, the sizes provided are specifically to fit the nail trainer nails. I personally havent had a problem with the quality of them but even so, they are only for pretend clients not real ones and they would be more interested in your application than the tip quality, as thats not something you can influence. Regarding the previous comment that they are too thick, they do show you how to thin the free edge to look natural after they have been cut to the required length. Im sure if you call them back they will be able to sort something out x x x

The tips they send you are actually the Ninety Naturals and can be used on real nails. I have done my first set on my mate and used these, they were fine.

I also got 300 free tips and nail trainer nails to complete my course with. I now have quite a few spare! lol I used the files and buffers supplied in the pack, nearly brought some more but just managed to finish the course with them.

Once you have qualified you can join the dream aspire club and you get 30% off, free brush, badge etc.

I have always found EN helpful and very friendly.

Sure they will sort it out for you. xx

nailsbydesign said:
This has been discussed at length in this thread so read all of it and see what NailsinLondon said about this problem and what you get free if you run out....YOU CANNOT ORDER THESE EXTRA ITEMS FROM THEIR WEBSITE YOU NEED TO RING THEM, the number is in NailsinLondon's reply too.

you can also just email them, thats what I did.

Hmmm...interstingly enough, Essential Nails have now changed their website stating now they will charge you a special low rate, whilst studying, for further nails and tips.

I myself started with Essential, but like many others, have found it to be a little of a false economy as I needed to go onto more in-depth training anyway, to feel I had covered all I needed to know. The Essential nails courses don't even mention cuticle remover!

I guess they are jumping on the opportunity to increase profits in this growing market - and being in business myself, I don't suppose I can argue with that really, but its a shame it seems to have affected so many people adversely. I guess its a good starting course for those who can't get time off to re-train, but give me a good educator and a classroom anyday!

Originally Posted by nailsbydesign

Incidentally, I had been directly in touch with a lady called Francine who is now European Sales Manager at EN. She's Very nice, but informed me that I needed to pay for the trainer nails, despite the fact I was training. That's why I was a little irritated. I'll get in touch with her again and chase that up. Thanks for the replies.

L xx

can I suggest that you speak to Suzy at EN in the UK. I have always found her really helpful. I did their fibreglass course last year and got 3 packs of tips and nails FOC during the course. I have always dealt with Suzy since. Don't be afraid of being cheeky and asking for money off or free things, if it's in her power she will oblige.

Rachel

do you use millenium natural nail tips? if you do, do you blend them with a nail file or do you use accetone? thanks xx

redhot_bird said:
do you use millenium natural nail tips? if you do, do you blend them with a nail file or do you use accetone? thanks xx
You should never use acetone to blend tips as it actually melts them (the same as when you are removing product during a soak off) and can cause service breakdowns later on, best to just blend with a 180 grit file or do sculpting.

Latest posts

Back