essential nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pretty-in-pink

Reaction score
hey everyone i was thinking about doing my training with essential nails last year but then decided not to...i cant really travel to do courses because im a college student and also work, my teacher offers training but im fed up of constantly asking her when she can book me in to do courses and ive been emailing her and no reply still grrrr.....soooo the next best thing is essential nails i think as i could learn in my own time but if i did the training through them could i work in a salon with the qualification that you get from essential nails?

thanks

x

hey everyone i was thinking about doing my training with essential nails last year but then decided not to...i cant really travel to do courses because im a college student and also work, my teacher offers training but im fed up of constantly asking her when she can book me in to do courses and ive been emailing her and no reply still grrrr.....soooo the next best thing is essential nails i think as i could learn in my own time but if i did the training through them could i work in a salon with the qualification that you get from essential nails?

thanks

x

Tbh it's unlikely that a salon would take you on with only EN training. Nails is a hands on skill that needs to be learnt in a hands on environment IMO..... If you search for Essential Nails or Home Learn Courses you'll get loads of opinions from those who ahve gone down this road before.....

i did the gel course with essentail i was doin it for a week but i didnt know whether i was doin it right or not so i sent all my progress cards back and i passed with a credit, thats all well and good but i felt as though after starting the course it took me a week to complete in my opinion now i made the wrong choice so ive been to nsi to do another gel course and they tought me sooo much more, if someone came to me to work in my salon with only an essential diploma whatever the grade i would say no i know it sounds harsh but after been there and done it i know that it doesnt give you much information regarding the prep and that is the most important thing doing nails is the prep.

hope this helps hun

i did the gel course with essentail i was doin it for a week but i didnt know whether i was doin it right or not so i sent all my progress cards back and i passed with a credit, thats all well and good but i felt as though after starting the course it took me a week to complete in my opinion now i made the wrong choice so ive been to nsi to do another gel course and they tought me sooo much more, if someone came to me to work in my salon with only an essential diploma whatever the grade i would say no i know it sounds harsh but after been there and done it i know that it doesnt give you much information regarding the prep and that is the most important thing doing nails is the prep.

hope this helps hun

wow 1 week no wonder you didnt learn much!! Must people take there time on home learn to make sure they are competent at each step and most people take around 3-6 months depending on how much time they spend a week.

Pretty-in-pink we have chatted many times about EN as you know and i still say that if you can do a course at your college then do it hun.

Its the same old story hun im afraid with regards to home learn you always hear the bad things and never the good or the successful storys!

Like i said before why dont you ring round some salons in your area and see what they say about qualifications.

HTH and good luck hun. x

Any beginner course is only going to give a foundation to build upon in your nail career hun. I am just starting out with EN - okay, it isn't everyones choice of education, it isn't everyone's cup of tea but what will work for one doesn't have to work for another.

I have completed my nail art card after 10 days ready to send in but only because I am confident in my ability to do medium level nail art - I am no Picasso but I am happy that my designs are good enough to warrant a pass.

My nails are another matter - I have been doing my own nails for some time now and have been reading, researching and practising on my trainer hand since August last year but it will still take me more than a week to complete!

I say do what feels right for you - your cirumstance and lifestyle is the deciding factor and while you will hear good and bad about every single educational set up, if it works for you then it can only be a good thing :)

sorry guys lol i meant to say the only reason i sent them in was to get their opinion on what i was doing wrong i did not expect the pass that i got and to be honest i was quite miffed as i thought if they will pass me in a week what does that say for the company.
but yes i do agree there are good and bad companies out their and its your choice, i suppose if you did do the course then it will give you a small indication on how to do nails but personally i wouldnt do it again as i found it was a big waste of money.

Latest posts

Back