Essential Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mila

Reaction score
Are the courses from here any good? Any advice would be appreciated:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I have not done one myself, you could try a search on here. I am sure you will find some info. Most people on here would recommed CND, I also did my training with them. They are leaders in the nail industry, so helpful and friendly, always on hand for help and advice. Their products are second to none. Also they are a recoginsed quilification in the industry. I dont know if you can buy creative products with and EN quilification (bascially I dont know how far in this industry and EN course would get you but CND would get you all the way) Also you can go back to CND and do other courses to keep building on your skills. Sorry to bang on about CND but I love 'em :)

There is an Essential Nails group on here you can join and speak to people who are doing / have done their courses. Myself included.

Essenial Nails is a distance learning medium of a hands-on skill. IMO a skill like Nail Technology (or hairdressing/Beauty Therapy/Dentistry) can only be taught effectively in a classroom environment.

If you try and learn nails from a DVD what happens when you have problems? How will you know if your technique is good and correct? How can you learn effective preparation of the natural nail?

And before someone pops up with 'practice makes perfect' - that is only true if you are practising correct technique. If you practice doing something incorrectly you get very, very good at doing it wrong and without an Educator watching you how will you know if you are doing it right or wrong?

CND all the way for top quality education and product.

Hth's

Last edited:
I agree
Having bought the practise hand and foolishly the essential nails course I realise that actually it is far better to get your training through a credited training establishment... CND was recommended to me but I thought I would save some money by first using essential nails and then later going on a proper course. I have only wasted my money...I would advise go on a course you know you can trust and CND sounds like it has good after sales and training support. Buy the hand and practise their system thoroughly and then get your real guinea pigs in and work on the real hand until you are excellent. Then you will be ready for business.. Good Luck!

agree again, from experience! Costs a lot of money to get things wrong,, not just EN but lots of courses dont hack it and you will find that for yourself if you do some digging on here:-( HONESTLY before you do any course research, research, research on here and it will save you a fortune, i only wish i'd had this resource when I started taking courses..... save up and go to CND

Thx for the advice..I just wondered if that would be a good way to get back in the saddle and brush up on my skills since Ive been away from the bizz for a few years and Im really rusty:D

Thx for the advice..I just wondered if that would be a good way to get back in the saddle and brush up on my skills since Ive been away from the bizz for a few years and Im really rusty:D

I would say NO. CND do conversion classes and skill building classes and refresher classes .. you only need to speak to them on 08452106060.

I would say NO. CND do conversion classes and skill building classes and refresher classes .. you only need to speak to them on 08452106060.
Thx for the number..Ill give them a call and find out what they have in my area..

Are the courses from here any good? Any advice would be appreciated:D
I have done several courses from Essentia nails and found it suited me and my lifestyle. I started with the Acrylic tip & overlay course,then did the Sculpted Acrylic course then the Nail art course.You get everything you need for the course but the more you practise you may need to order more tips for the nail trainer but apart from that all good.the staff are always there to give adbvice and you dont send your card off until you now u have done the best ones.The only thing i found difficult was u have no contact with other techs for advice or just the social thing of learning in a group.i have been a nail tech now for 4yrs and enjoy every moment.so go for it.
regards,julie

I have done several courses from Essentia nails and found it suited me and my lifestyle. I started with the Acrylic tip & overlay course,then did the Sculpted Acrylic course then the Nail art course.You get everything you need for the course but the more you practise you may need to order more tips for the nail trainer but apart from that all good.the staff are always there to give adbvice and you dont send your card off until you now u have done the best ones.The only thing i found difficult was u have no contact with other techs for advice or just the social thing of learning in a group.i have been a nail tech now for 4yrs and enjoy every moment.so go for it.
regards,julie
For someone who is rusty and wanting to get back into it, I would say this is an expensive way to do it. As Gigi has already said, there are conversion courses, skill builders and 121 days, these all work out cheeper then the full essential nails course and give the added advantage of having a tech looking over your shoulder ready to correct you if your technic is wrong.
I'm not slating the course from essential, their dvd's are very good if you are a tech you can see how much they cover, but, they don't give you that person to stop you making the mistakes that can become habit and that's why so many places won't accept their qualification if you later want to do a conversion or get insurance.
A full day 121 with a good quality company is worth it's weight in gold.

I agree
Having bought the practise hand and foolishly the essential nails course I realise that actually it is far better to get your training through a credited training establishment... CND was recommended to me but I thought I would save some money by first using essential nails and then later going on a proper course. I have only wasted my money...I would advise go on a course you know you can trust and CND sounds like it has good after sales and training support. Buy the hand and practise their system thoroughly and then get your real guinea pigs in and work on the real hand until you are excellent. Then you will be ready for business.. Good Luck!

nails are new to me and something |I'm looking into....but what is 'the practise hand'? where can i get one and could it be used alongside CND?

thanx x

Ezflow do conversion courses, fantastic training, fantastic company, fantastic prices! Can't go wrong with them!

I think the fact that if you do a course with essential nails you can't do a conversion course with any of the nail companies shouts out NO straight away.

Ezflow do conversion courses, fantastic training, fantastic company, fantastic prices! Can't go wrong with them!

I think the fact that if you do a course with essential nails you can't do a conversion course with any of the nail companies shouts out NO straight away.
This isn't quite true. I believe both NSI and EZ flow will accept an essential nails certificate to do a conversion course. I trained with essential nails and i don't regret it but i will be doing further classroom based training. If you can take the classroom route straight away, you will end up saving money. I've already paid out more than what a cnd foundation course would have cost me on the courses and having to buy better quality products. Good luck whatever you decide. There are some very poor classroom based courses out there too so research carefully and get the best you can x x x
Posted via Mobile Device

Hi Yes the courses are good in depth and the support is really good always on the phone and you can email in photo of problem or example of nail or enhancement and they keep u on the right track ..... cant complain as mum of 2 this kind of learning has suited me down to ground.......and enabled me to ge qualified but in your instance looks like a conversion course with branded nail product is what u need as you dont need to know basics if refreshment is what u are after i think you should do this good luck:Love:

i did the en gel course and although it gave me a very very very small insight to what the nail world is about its something i wouldnt do again, i also trained with nsi too and am going to college to do my nvq so if you can go straight to the classroom with a respected company then your laughing and saving money too x

Latest posts

Back