Estee Lauder Question - Make Up Geeks!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurasnowwhite

Reaction score
Hi all,

After reading lots of posts on here about foundation preferences, I have decided to beef up my kit a bit and try Estee Lauder doublewear.

Everyone appears to love it, which is great.

I was wondering if it was possible to get any kind of trade discount at all? I know MAC have a pro card, and MAC are part of the EL family, so I was wondering if they had one too?

Obviously for my kit I will be requiring a selection of shades, and at £26.50 a time on a product that only has a relatively short shelf life (as with all foundations), it will be a hefty outlay on one product.

Also, I have had got myself a sample of doublewear to try myself, the girl on the counter was very lovely and trying to blind me with product science, informing me as she slapped it all along my jawline that it's a fantastic product as it's anti comedogenic and anti acnegenic.
I have no idea if this is the case as I haven't researched the product myself yet, all I can say is that within 4 hours I had 3 large painful spots breaking through, exactly where the test sample was!! Now, this could just be down to my rubbish skin, but I was wounding if anyone else had experienced anything similar either themselves or a client.

Looking forward to your helpful advice as always!!

Lx

Hi I have used double wear and came out in large lumps under my skin!! It really is a brilliant foundation for coverage buy awful for the skin and not photogenic atall!!! It makes your face look white on photos!!! Xx

I had double wear and it caused my skin to erupt! Never normally have any issues but it was dreadful, back to mac and elemis skin. Care all good...... Phew!

EL double wear does not photograph well so I would not put this in your kit.

As for the allergenic issue, anybody can react to any one particular product. Just because something is hypoallergenic does not mean that no-one will react to it.

Yeah it is a horrible foundation I don't know why so many people like it. it looks so flat when it's on and in the photos your face will appear really white.

Sorry to put a spanner in the works.

Hi, I use double wear light when I am working and my skin has been fine with it. I have tried double wear too but found it was far to heavy on my skin. I have recently bought a Lancome Teint Miracle foundation which was recommended to me by a make up artist and it is fab, she has said she really likes using photogenic for photo work but agin it is slightly heavier. Hope this helps. X

To save you money you could invest in professional foundation palette!

Screenface do a RCMA 18 colour foundation palette Screenface - "The Screenface Selection" by RCMA - 18 colours in the palette you will have enough shades to cover very light skin tones to very dark skin tones.

RCMA is a very, very good brand of foundation and its alot better quality than EL/MAC/bobbi brown in my opinion any how lol.

RCMA also photographs really well, and has no minerals or lanolin which is great for sensative skins.

My clients & brides love it.

Yeah it is a horrible foundation I don't know why so many people like it. it looks so flat when it's on and in the photos your face will appear really white.

Sorry to put a spanner in the works.

I used to wear it, loved the coverage but I looked sooo white in photos!

double wear causes ghosting in pictures so its a no go for photographic work........... i agree with the above poster, screenface are designed specifically for what you want. your much better going down that route.
I buy photographic pallettes from camera ready cosmetics. its a US company, similar to screenface

I buy photographic pallettes from camera ready cosmetics. its a US company, similar to screenface[/QUOTE]

I buy all my la femme & graftobain makeup from CRC in the USA as they are cheaper than uk stores and my RCMA from Screenface:)

Ooh!! I'm so glad it's not just me!! I think I will look at a palette, I just have many clients who demand liquid foundation (hopefully when I get airbrushing they will be happy with that!!)

Thanks for your assistance everyone!!!

Ooh!! I'm so glad it's not just me!! I think I will look at a palette, I just have many clients who demand liquid foundation

I mostley use creme foundations (unless a client has very oily skin then i use graftobain powder foundations) as they last longer than liquids (a little goes a long way with professional creme foundations), not messy to use (dont break/leak), the palettes dont take up room in my kit, they apply flawlessly to the skin and set really well.

Latest posts

Back