Europe/Spain

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heidi14

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I need some of you geeks who live abroad to help me!!

Unfortunately at the moment I am not in a position to put this plan into action but in the next five years or so I would like to move to southern spain or possibly tenerife however I am worried that they will not recognise my qualifications over there.

Can anyone give me some advice on whats best to do? Will I need to re-train over there?? I have done some private courses over the last year 2 of which were with creative and I am about to go back to college part time in Septemeber to do my NVQ Level 2 but are these recognised??

Thank you of any advice you can give me!!

Heidi

P.S If you are in Spain at the moment you are very lucky because it's miserable in this country!!!!

HI Heidi, Im actually moving to Spain this Sunday! Im a Beauty Therapist & Im going to work over there mobile, I too have trained with Creative & its definately recognized there! They dont have quite the same rules as here, regarding Qualifications, but I want to work in a salon, and if it's an English run salon, they will recognize it!
Good luck with your future plans!

hiya i'm living in southern spain and i work as a mobile therapist/nail tec. they do recognise your qualifications theres quite alot of english people out here, i got all my insurance through an english solicitors.
go 4 it! good luck :)

Hi there, Spain is a european country and there are loads of ex-patriots who have been there for years, you wil certainly have no problem in working out there, I have some friends who sold their salons some time ago and have settled in Spain. Goodluck with your training and decision to move. :):hug:

Thanks guys!

I am looking at taking the plunge in the next couple of years, fingers crossed!!

Good luck on Sunday Shellpink, I hope the move goes well.

One question though...are you setting up mobile over there? Opening a salon? Working in a salon?

My plan is also to move to Southern Spain before 2011! I'm just allowing myself time to pay off debts etc else otherwise I would be there tomorrow.

I'm gonna be moving to southern Spain next summer - all by myself! :eek:
Trying to learn Spanish at the moment.

From the research I've done NVQ's are fine out there. Glad to here those of you already over there agree!

Latest posts

Back