Eve Taylor with botox?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunnies

Reaction score
Does anybody know if eve Taylor skin care is botox friendly? I have heard myths around facial oils damaging botox under the skin?

I doubt it as Botox works by blocking muscle receptors to neurotransmitters at a cellular level. Botox is not a filler like dermal fillers such as collagen. So effectively there is nothing 'Under the Skin' for a topical treatment to effect it.
hth :biggrin:

Does anybody know if eve Taylor skin care is botox friendly? I have heard myths around facial oils damaging botox under the skin?

If using the retail products then everything is fine.

If using the professional products everything is fine apart from the Cryogenic peel off masque.
It contains a strong Spirulina concentrate, it gives amazing results but it is known to cause reactions with clients that have had botox or dermal fillers in the previous 3 months.

I have Botox and facials I am just advised not to have a facial for 4 weeks after injections x

If using the retail products then everything is fine.

If using the professional products everything is fine apart from the Cryogenic peel off masque.
It contains a strong Spirulina concentrate, it gives amazing results but it is known to cause reactions with clients that have had botox or dermal fillers in the previous 3 months.

Do you have any details on what type of reaction these clients have had? I would be interested to know how this supplement reacts with botox and dermal fillers as Spirulina is a widely available health supplement and Clients with botox and filler treatments are becoming more commonplace in the salon x:biggrin:

Do you have any details on what type of reaction these clients have had? I would be interested to know how this supplement reacts with botox and dermal fillers as Spirulina is a widely available health supplement and Clients with botox and filler treatments are becoming more commonplace in the salon x:biggrin:

It shows itself as red blotches, hive type marks or red rings.
Some people have been fine with it but others haven't - the ones that haven't fessed up in their consultation! Tut tut tut

Botox has a sedative effect, where spirulina has a very stimulating effect.
You may think how is it reacting, but do you want to risk it? It's not just a coincidence for all the cases it's happened.

Topically applied spirulina isn't the same as injesting it, we've not known anyone to react to it this way.

If you do have clients that have had Botox/fillers don't fret though, it's literally 1 masque you can't use - still another 3 peel offs to choose from :)

M

Thanks Matthew for the interesting insight. This is why this forum so useful to us professionals, as it helps us to learn new things everyday and keeps us on our toes :hug: x

'Botox has a sedative effect', really where does it say that in the product information?
Botulinum toxin is injected into the muscles, I doubt that any topical product would penetrate to that depth.

'Botox has a sedative effect', really where does it say that in the product information?
Botulinum toxin is injected into the muscles, I doubt that any topical product would penetrate to that depth.

Botox does have a sedative effect on muscle function at the cellular level. It blocks synaptic uptake of acetycholine causing the temporary paralysis effect on muscle function.

I too didn't think that a topical treatment would effect this, but it could be quite feasible that a product that stimulates an antagonistic neurotransmitter at the neuromuscular junction may potentially cause irritation of the skin tissue in the recipient.

Thanks lores

If anyone doesn't think that the cryogenic masque will cause an issue that's absolutely fine
Try it and see.
But with the compensation culture that clients are now accustomed to, I'm not risking it

yes it does slow down nerve transmission but I am not sure if that can be called a sedative effect?

Thanks for all the replays people! Really useful information I can pass on :)

Sedative is the wrong choice of word but get where you're coming from ;-)

It actually blocks the nerve endings permanently! It's only when new nerve endings 'sprout' from the rest of the nerve that it 'wears off'

Avoid facials or any medically graded products that remove skin cells or irritate the skin for at least two weeks after Botox x

It actually blocks the nerve endings permanently! It's only when new nerve endings 'sprout' from the rest of the nerve that it 'wears off'

Avoid facials or any medically graded products that remove skin cells or irritate the skin for at least two weeks after Botox x

Thanks for explaining that :)

Hi I use Eve Taylor in my salon which product is it that you talk about Eve Taylor Botox?

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi I use Eve Taylor in my salon which product is it that you talk about Eve Taylor Botox?

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Dont use the Crogenic masque for up to 3 months post botox/fillers

Hi clients need to avoid facials for two weeks after botox treatments because the "rubbing" or exfoliating effect can "disturb" the botox for want o a better word.

Electrical facial are also a no no x

Latest posts

Back