Excited to learn this, Aquamarine Wax by Berodin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cocobeauty

Reaction score
Lori Nestore is fab. Her wax is great too. Not tried this one yet but I will be:biggrin:x

Lori Nestore is fab. Her wax is great too. Not tried this one yet but I will be:biggrin:x

Yes she is! Now watched more YouTube and have ordered a few DVD's. Next step is to meet her in person the next time she is in England. I got a family trip to San Francisco in the summer so will take the opportunity to squeeze some training then. That's the waxing sorted, now more nails, eyebrows, facials, holistics ...

The wax looks the same as Perron rigot blue wax berodins used to be in partnership with peron rigot, and I note she double dips on the front of the legs tut tut!

The wax looks the same as Perron rigot blue wax berodins used to be in partnership with peron rigot, and I note she double dips on the front of the legs tut tut!

I've met Lori in person at a seminar and she "double dips" the first lay down of wax. after that she always uses a new spatula, MANY wax experts do this. as long as you have not started to remove hair opening pores and possibly drawing blood (depending area) then you can double dip.

Anyway not an argumentative statement :) just what i heard from her and other waxing experts

I'm also looking forward to using this wax :) I was on Lori's course in October, she is an amazing lady and an absolute inspiration!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Berodin was never in partnership with PR. The owner and chemist of PR sold it and moved on. I was the leading seller of PR in the states for 23 years, so I have always felt like it is an amazing brand. (or used to be). From there I had the amazing opportunity of working with this genius to bring out the Berodin line.

And YES, I fricking put the effing spatula back into the pot ONCE. so kill me

It's hell to be human sometimes eh?

Berodin was never in partnership with PR. The owner and chemist of PR sold it and moved on. I was the leading seller of PR in the states for 23 years, so I have always felt like it is an amazing brand. (or used to be). From there I had the amazing opportunity of working with this genius to bring out the Berodin line.

And YES, I fricking put the effing spatula back into the pot ONCE. so kill me

It's hell to be human sometimes eh?

Lol thought you would have edited that bit out! But well done for being human!
So can you answer is it the same formulation of the Perron rigot?

I've met Lori in person at a seminar and she "double dips" the first lay down of wax. after that she always uses a new spatula, MANY wax experts do this. as long as you have not started to remove hair opening pores and possibly drawing blood (depending area) then you can double dip.

Anyway not an argumentative statement :) just what i heard from her and other waxing experts

Tut tut very naughty! Especially in this litigious climate!

Sorry also not being argumentative but you can pass many infections from double dipping, all the wart viruses, mrsa, lice from the tiny eggs etc etc. double dipping is seriously frowned upon by insurance companies no excuse. However I often wonder about airborne infections settling in wax pots with the lid off, even if double dipping is never done. I'm NHS background so ultra strict about infection control.

Last edited:
Back to the wax... I used to be a PR girl but I now know Berodin sooo much better. The hot blue is amazing and I've had my legs waxed with the new Aquamarine and it was fab too. My skin is quite sensitive but I had no red spots after this. Love it!!! (and you too Lori :))

The AquaMarine had an amazing reception when it was previewed at The Wax Show last year.

If you like the video you should search out Lori's toe technique! One of those of course it's so simple moments!!

If you like a good quality fluid wax you'll love AM. Though have to say I'm still a creme wax boy myself.

Tut tut very naughty! Especially in this litigious climate!

Sorry also not being argumentative but you can pass many infections from double dipping, all the wart viruses, mrsa, lice from the tiny eggs etc etc. double dipping is seriously frowned upon by insurance companies no excuse. However I often wonder about airborne infections settling in wax pots with the lid off, even if double dipping is never done. I'm NHS background so ultra strict about infection control.

https://www.healthtap.com/experts/11203999 Dr. Joy. M. Jackson.

Is there any possibility of hiv infection being transmitted from a hot wax pot in a salon? Can the hiv virus survive in wax My son had a waxing at a salon that double dipped the wooden spatulas from client to client in the same hot pot of wax.
Dr's Reply

Unless the technician had contaminated blood on her hands and directly touched an open wound on your son, there appears to be no risk here. Even if that were the case the risk would be extremely low. AIso, do not believe that HIV can survive in hot wax. For the future, your son should go to a place that practices good hygiene, which includes the technician wearing gloves.

So!!! Stop scare mongering. I always wear gloves when I wax. Don't double dip when intimate waxing, but if I did when doing legs or eyebrows it is perfectly safe. My salon is clean, extremely clean. The debate over double dipping will go on.

What Lori doesn't know about this subject you could fit on a postage stamp.
Oh by the way, I licked the postage stamp so the poor postman had better look out, he may get the lurgie from handling it!:eek::eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought this was a thread about Lori's newest wax? There are many other debates about double dipping on here so please carry on that debate there or start a new thread.

So if you see a sky blue mini and a sky blue audi, does that mean they are the same also? However, PR Cristal Ocean and Berodin Aquamarine are both microcrystalline waxes.

Lori has been working on this wax formulation for some time and I have had the pleasure of working with it since early November. I really like the product and it will sit nicely alongside my Berodin cream wax and blue non-strip wax.

I'm afraid I'm going to cause mayhem, but I seem to be seeing a case of the Emperors New Clothes here. The ingredients all seem to be good old cheap as chips hydrocarbons, you're paying twice as much for products with forumulations bearing very little differnce to most generic brands.

*runs for cover*

An ingredients list doesn't indicate the quality of the product. The quality of those ingredients, and how they are prepared, combined and the ratio's used to make up the product dictate its quality.

I'm also not aware of that many generic brands offering a rosin and beeswax free fluid wax.

I couldnt agree more mat. Just because a product contains similar ingredients doesnt make it the same quality. So I will carry on with my car analogy and say that you cannot compare a skoda with an aston martin and ask it to perform in the same way

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Of course I completely agree, however, I was simply stating that this product is simply a cocktail of petro-chemcicals i.e. fractionated crude oil, the recipe seems to be of no better quality than many waxes available and it's double the cost.

https://www.healthtap.com/experts/11203999 Dr. Joy. M. Jackson.

Is there any possibility of hiv infection being transmitted from a hot wax pot in a salon? Can the hiv virus survive in wax My son had a waxing at a salon that double dipped the wooden spatulas from client to client in the same hot pot of wax.
Dr's Reply

Unless the technician had contaminated blood on her hands and directly touched an open wound on your son, there appears to be no risk here. Even if that were the case the risk would be extremely low. AIso, do not believe that HIV can survive in hot wax. For the future, your son should go to a place that practices good hygiene, which includes the technician wearing gloves.

So!!! Stop scare mongering. I always wear gloves when I wax. Don't double dip when intimate waxing, but if I did when doing legs or eyebrows it is perfectly safe. My salon is clean, extremely clean. The debate over double dipping will go on.

What Lori doesn't know about this subject you could fit on a postage stamp.
Oh by the way, I licked the postage stamp so the poor postman had better look out, he may get the lurgie from handling it!:eek::eek:

How very rude!

You are also very wrong, I am also qualified in GUM medicine, I never mentioned HIV, have another read I said wart virus, mrsa and lice eggs!!!

Thank you noodle :)

Last edited:
Back on topic please ladies and gents.

In the meantime and following required edits, I would remind everyone that one of the important site rules is to reply to others how you would like them to reply to you.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back