Excuses for NOT using Solar Oil.........

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bling nails

Reaction score
i just got to have a moan about clients who don't use solar oil/cuticle oil.

had lady in today who goes 4 weeks between infills and uses no solar oil, why? because she says its too expensive and doesn't believe it works..:smack: :eek: :eek: :irked: . yet she can pay extra on top of her normal infill for repaired nails. i tell her that if she uses solar oil, it would be cheaper for her in the long run. she won't have it!!!!!!

do any of your clients have this problem, where they just don't believe it helps?? or have i got the only one in the world??:rolleyes:

Hi there,

Why dont you give her a little freebie. A small pinkie bottle to try out. Then when she sees that the product actually does work she will buy it from you again.

:idea: :D

Hi, makes me wonder if a clients nails are so good with no lifting or problems, they probably feel they don't need to use solar oil!!!
Would be tempting to bo a bad nail to prove the point and then after they buy the oil, start doing them A1 again!!!
However, you couldn't prove they have used the oil, so could be shooting yourself in the foot and even worse- it would be totally unprofessional!!

Claire x said:
Hi there,

Why dont you give her a little freebie. A small pinkie bottle to try out. Then when she sees that the product actually does work she will buy it from you again.

:idea: :D
if only she had used her freebie solar oil.......some clients are just lazy by not oil-ing their nails between appointments.

Yes they are lazy, but so very quick to complain!!:!:

michelle monks said:
Yes they are lazy, but so very quick to complain!!:!:
tell me about it....makes me laugh.:mad:

none of my clients use any cuticle oil whatsoever,although when i go to apply after enhancements ,they all say "oooh i love this bit" ??????

emmsybabes! said:
none of my clients use any cuticle oil whatsoever,although when i go to apply after enhancements ,they all say "oooh i love this bit" ??????
there are only one or two of my clients who don't use it and when file-ing on infills, the gel is so brittle, it lifts as i file. I can tell when clients have used solar oil, the gel is so easy to file and the product hasn't lifted. such a pleasure to do!!
also, the clients who use it, notice the difference too.

i ve been wearing acrylic for 4 years and before i went to school to get my nail tech degree i never heard about solar oil
and on the forum i see everybody uses it
i took the habit to use it too
but i don t understand how come i never seen it before
i guess places i was getting my nails done to were using cheaper oils

bling nails said:
i just got to have a moan about clients who don't use solar oil/cuticle oil.

had lady in today who goes 4 weeks between infills and uses no solar oil, why? because she says its too expensive and doesn't believe it works..:smack: :eek: :eek: :irked: . yet she can pay extra on top of her normal infill for repaired nails. i tell her that if she uses solar oil, it would be cheaper for her in the long run. she won't have it!!!!!!

do any of your clients have this problem, where they just don't believe it helps?? or have i got the only one in the world??:rolleyes:

I give all my clients a pinkie solar oil with every full set & spend about 15 minutes explaining the benefits of using it, & absolutely make them understand that this is part of the "deal" when they have their nails done by me! Then I charge them $5 to refill their bottles! So if they don't use it after all that, I make sure they understand just how much damage they've caused due to the fact that their natural nail has had to have much more work done on it then it needed to, because they didn't use their solaroil! Seriously, I'm sure they all use it now just so they don't have to listen to me go on & on!!! :lol:
Make sure you undrstand ALL the benefits of solaroil so you can "sell" it convincingly! HTH

Heard this one?

Me ... I can tell by the feel of the product that you are not using your Solar Oil enough. (She's probably not using it at all, but this is a nicer way of saying it)

Client ... well I have it in my bag!

Me ... better on your nails than in your bag, love. :lol:

I tell all clients I keep Solar Oil in my car, by the bed, and by the TV. That way, there is no excuse not to use it.

Oooh I'm not so sure about the lazy bit. I am good at it now but until I started training I was terrible and forgot more often than I ever remembered to use my oil. When I came to Norway 6 years ago I met AnneVera who when she moved to her own salon actually gave me solar oil to use and I forgot most of the time to use it. I tried leaving it where I would see it be it by the bed, by the teapot, by the phone, I still forgot. I'd never been told to use oil until I moved here, and it was a habit I just did struggle to get into. The last time she saw me a few weeks ago was the first time since I started training and she said two things, she could tell I learned something about length, balance and shape and that I had finally learned to remember to use the oil :lol:

I use a slightly more direct approach these day. "Have you used your oil twice a day?" Then they say "well, erm, sometimes, a bit". So I say "twice a day or not?". They usually answer no at this point but they have usually made more effort by the next appointment.
I do as Gigi says and tell them that I keep oil everywhere (which is the truth btw). I used to be horrific at retailing but I'm getting the hang of it. I explain the benefits of cuticle oil on my aftercare sheet and also explain it at every appointment. This may sound like I'm being a bit harsh to my clients but I'm just being a bit more assertive.

I always say to clients who moan about 'upkeep' etc on their nails - You wouldnt go and get your hair coloured/permed/re styled then not bother to condition it/spend time in a morning styling it etc would you? :lol: They get the point then! Whats the point in spending £30 or more on a set of nails, then quibbling over a few quid for a bottle of oil that helps keep them conditioned!:idea:

i give all new clients a bottle of solar oil with their first set. although it is incorperated into the price they feel they are getting something extra. I did a nail biter last week and her skin was really badly bitten. 7 days later when i went back to do gel toes she showed me her nails, the skin had improved 10 fold i was so impressed with this oil AND i'm a sceptic.

By the sound if it these days clients are much better educated? Not too much of an excuse for not doing the oil really. Just wish I had known you lot years ago!

Hello,
I've just started doing nails and I've read many good things about Solar Oil, I've started to use it myself and have my mum and sister using it too and I can tell the difference.
But I have a question which might be a bit Dumm but I have to ask it. Where exactly are you meant to apply it? on the cuticule area and rub it all over the nail or under it?

Sorry for the dumm question but I'm curios

Thanks
Pola

pola said:
Hello,
I've just started doing nails and I've read many good things about Solar Oil, I've started to use it myself and have my mum and sister using it too and I can tell the difference.
But I have a question which might be a bit Dumm but I have to ask it. Where exactly are you meant to apply it? on the cuticule area and rub it all over the nail or under it?

Sorry for the dumm question but I'm curios

Thanks
Pola

That's the beauty of SolarOil Pola, you can use it EVERYWHERE !!

You can brush or drop the oil on the cuticle are and then rub it into the whole nail and surrounding skin.

I use SolarOil over my whole body and face and it's great. I even rub it into my heels before I apply SolarButter or Cucumber Heel therapy. It's also great for elbows etc.

River

Well I have never used soilar oil before and the first time I used it was yesterday and I must say its great! Loualarta (Louise) did my nails and she gave me a free bottle and I have been using it and i think its amazing!!!! I am so pleased with it! Thanks Louise!!! xxxx:hug:

thanks for replys geeks.
i cannot stress enough how i drum it into clients about the importance of using solar oil and the benefits. 98% of our clients do use it 2 to 3 times daily and can see the results. its just 2% just wont buy it or even use their free pinkie solar oil given to them by me. just now, ive done a new client who has britten off her L&P, (she was to let me soak them off) done by another tech who uses creative L&p, anyway, she has a lovely set of brisa now and asked if she has any solar oil left for her to oil them......she had never herd of oil-ing them, even for her L&P, which i find strange coming from another creative tech??:eek: :!:
what i find funny, is the excuses that these clients say for not oil-ing their nails,
''ive just been too busy'', ''ive left it at work and some-ones pinched it'' and then theres the blatant liar.....'' i have been using the oil 2-3 times a day''- but they never buy any in the past year!!!

these clients will always pay more on infills/rebalances, when it would be cheaper to buy solar oil, use it and see the benefits.....they just can't see it, so its their loss.

Latest posts

Back