Expanding in to makup

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Susie H

Reaction score
Hello all.
Currently I am a nail tech, I am expanding into waxing, training with Kim next month, tanning, training with Tonilee at some point soon:rolleyes:
And want to know a couple of things about makeup and skin care.
1. Is it possible for me to train in makeup and skin care with out going to collage
2. If yes to question 1 who would you recomend who will give me a recognized qualification that will allow me to use/further train with other companies.
Don't panic, I'm not going to do it all at once, just planning the next 12 months.
Thanks to all:hug:

I know that their are several fantastic make up schools in London that offer anything from 1-5 day courses. Mineral make up ranges like Jane Iredale, Id offer training when you become a stockist with them. With regard to skincare, I am sure there are many 1 day facial courses available, but, just like with nails, you cannot learn all that is required in a 1 day course, so i DEF wouldnt recommend one of those! I know our local college lets people take individual modules of beauty therapy, I think the facaial one is one day a week for about 22 weeks or something. hth x

Hello all.
Currently I am a nail tech, I am expanding into waxing, training with Kim next month, tanning, training with Tonilee at some point soon:rolleyes:
And want to know a couple of things about makeup and skin care.
1. Is it possible for me to train in makeup and skin care with out going to collage
2. If yes to question 1 who would you recomend who will give me a recognized qualification that will allow me to use/further train with other companies.
Don't panic, I'm not going to do it all at once, just planning the next 12 months.
Thanks to all:hug:
Hi Susie, I think the answer depends on what you plan to do with any skincare training you have. Do you want to give facials and skincare advice or do you want to have some skincare knowledge to give advice if you have a make-up client with troublesome skin?

Personally, I think you need to attend college to learn about skin care for facials. In all honesty, I don't see how it can be learned in a short one or two day course. Knowledge of the anatomy and physiology is vast and necessary for these reasons:
1. Understanding how products work on various skin types.
2. Understanding and recognizing skin diseases and disorders.
3. Structures within the skin and why they are important.
4. Indications and contraindications to any facial treatment.
5. Anatomy and physiology of muscle, bones, nerves, blood vessels and
lymph nodes. This is very important when performing facial,
neck and shoulder massage.

I could go on but may have burst your bubble by now. Sorry, but I mean well! I am just telling it how I see it :hug:.

Google 'Nathalie Page School of Make-up'. I did my initial make-up training with Nathalie. She is based in Shropshire and her training is recognized by the Guild.

Thank you Tracey, no you haven't burst my bubble, far from it, you have wet my appetite:)
I shall trot along to my local collage and make enquirers. It sounds fascinating. My brain is longing to stretch again!!!

Thank you Tracey, no you haven't burst my bubble, far from it, you have wet my appetite:)
I shall trot along to my local collage and make enquirers. It sounds fascinating. My brain is longing to stretch again!!!

Glad to hear it. I have not regretted my slog at beauty college. Made me thirst for more. Best wishes. x

Latest posts

Back