Extension aftercare alternative

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kizzycat

Reaction score
so for those clients that dont want to buy aftercare packs off you, what off the counter range do you advise.

will they know what a clarifyng shampoo is? for the shampoos that contain ilicone, does it actually say "silicone" on the ingredients or is there a technical name for it?

I dont advise any OTC products and never will. Why pay all that money for extensions and not pay a little extra to look after them correctly? I include aftercare in my prices so I know the hair will be maintained properly x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek

I include the aftercare too and add it on the overall price that way I know they will us them x

I would never offer OTC either. Always professional haircare ie, from a salon. I used to work for a large cosmetic / haircare company and on 2 professional haircare brands in particular. I have seen first hand the scientific tests brands do with professional haircare versus mass market. The professional haircare route is there for a reason. Yes you pay more for a bottle of shampoo however, it lasts longer and the product penetrates the hair from within rather than just coating the outer layer with silicone.

Last edited:
so for those clients that dont want to buy aftercare packs off you, what off the counter range do you advise.

will they know what a clarifyng shampoo is? for the shampoos that contain ilicone, does it actually say "silicone" on the ingredients or is there a technical name for it?

I would also include aftercare within your price, again it's your advert you really don't want them ruining the hair with OTC products then blaming you for crap hair,

I have my own aftercare pack that i include with fittings i just add it to my price. Then i sell them when they run out. But before that i used to recommend loreal expertise eversleek or everpure . It has no silicone, sulphates and palebins dont no how u spel it lol u can get them in shampo, conditioner, deep masque and serum and u buy them from boots bout 5.99 and are very good but prefer my own range with my name on and keep extensions super good al my clients cant get enough i sel loads and i use it myself

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back