Extensions and highlighted hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suki

Reaction score
Hi,

I did a consultation for someone this morning but am struggling to colour match their hair. They have quite dark hair (not as dark as 1B) and blonde full head highlights which creates quite a two tone effect. There is not problem matching the blonde but the roots are proving tricky as all the darks on the colour ring seem too rich or red based and her natural hair I think is more a flat dark brown perhaps with a tinge of grey (her words not mine LOL).

Anyone got any ideas for colour matching and/or good blending? Should the different colours be done row by row or 3/2 ratio(or similar) or by cutting pretips in half and blending 2 colours?

She is having bodywave not straight. She is having her highlights redone this week so I said I would go back when they are done to match again.

Thanks

hi i had this problem last week. because she had coloured so many times i couldnt match the blond.

anyway i ended up having two get the colours ( light brown and blond) seperately and the blond was the closest i could find.

When matching hair extensions always match to the ends of the hair and ignore the roots. The idea is to get the ends of the natural hair to blend seamlessly into the extensions.

I would choose the natural colour and probably two tones of blonde for the hi-lights. I would then apply this all visually to achieve a natural blend into the clients own hair.

I hope this is of some use to you :)

Latest posts

Back