Extensions and Medication

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ch4rli3

Reaction score
I have had extensions a number of times before and never been asked about any medication I am taking...

However, I am now going somewhere different and due to have a full head done on Thursday, during my consultation I was asked If I was taking any medication - I was not, but have only yesterday found out I am going to be starting an 8 week course of Roaccutane due to my very hormonal bad skin!

Will this affect my extenisons at all?

I have been on antibitoics for my skin previously when having extensions done but I never thought it was a problem?! Any ideas?

I would ring the salon and inform them you be starting new meds and see what they say, hth

Hi yes , I agree that you would best to get advice ,
perhaps by your doctor as roccutane is quite a strong medication as you know.....
and with some people it can have certain side effects ..... such as dry eyes dry skin or lips ,

so you need to ask your GP can it affect the the hair too
I know someone who had roccutane treatment and although it cleared the skin , they did get the very dry eyes and sore lips.....

I do hope you can still go ahead with your extensions :hug: x minky

My brother has taken roaccutane in the past and suffered from dry lips, eyes and skin. I know this is expected but am hoping it wont affect my hair!

Im hoping I can still go ahead with the extensions as I am so wanting them back in so much!!!

We always ask if a client is on medication. This is because some medications can affect the hair, which in turn affects the longevity of the extensions.

Some hormonal treatments can speed up the natural hair loss, make you perspire more or produce more sebum. This means you may have have the extensions refitted sooner and/or wash your hair more frequently.

I have fitted extensions on clients on all types of medications with no problems, I just adjust their care plan around it :)

Just be honest and there shouldn't be a problem :)

Thanks Donna

I have called them to tell them and they have said they will chat to me about it tomorrow when I go in

Latest posts

Back