Extensions matting!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChelleBells10

Reaction score
So basically, I have a client who came to me for hair extensions. She had them done at a reduced price due to this being a new service for me(recently qualified). I made hardly any profit on what I did.

She didn't take my advice/recommendations to use the correct after care(products) and went home and used her own(not suitable for extensions) products(tigi self absorbed-high sulphate content!) As a result of this the extensions have slipped and begun matting. She signed a consultation form Which mentioned she had been advised but decided not to purchase the correct aftercare products.

She is asking for a full refund which personally I am unprepared to give her as I spent 5hours fitting these and he hair alone costs £160 so I made £30 profit.

I'm so upset that she is being like this and no idea what to do. Please help!!!

Because she signed an agreement there's nothing she can do. How long has she had the extensions in for? I normally tell the client if there is a problem let me know in the first week or two max to let me know so I can try and resolve the problem

What extensions did you put in

The hair shouldn't matt unless she is washing it really roughly or they have been in for like 4/5 months

Because she signed an agreement there's nothing she can do. How long has she had the extensions in for? I normally tell the client if there is a problem let me know in the first week or two max to let me know so I can try and resolve the problem

What extensions did you put in

Agree!! I always get clients to sign consultation forms with a disclaimer at the bottom without signing i wont fit for this exact reason, normally they would let you know within the first 2 weeks after that its down to them, i wouldnt offer her a refund as she hasnt followed aftercare advice or products xx

Thanks ladies I fitted Foxy prebonded. Thankfully I wrote at the bottom of the form that she was advised on correct aftercare and decided to use her own shampoo/conditioner. They were fitted mid feb xx

Thanks ladies I fitted Foxy prebonded. Thankfully I wrote at the bottom of the form that she was advised on correct aftercare and decided to use her own shampoo/conditioner. They were fitted mid feb xx

I put on the bottom i do not hold my technician responsible for any damaged caused by not following the aftercare advice something like that xx

That's good to bare in mind for next time. Thank you! What would you do if this was a client of yours Hun?x

She is now threatening me with trading standards!

Most people will threat and not follow through I had a client who had the extensions in for near 5 months and she had them removed by someone else and she had to have one cut out and demanded I give her my insurance details or give her money back or she would take me to my local paper, she would of been done for slandering if she did I never have a refund as any contract with me became void soon as she went to someone else. I wouldn't worry she's had them well over a month so there is mother she can do trading standards wouldn't even touch the case as you have proof that's what she agreed and signed

You have done nothing wrong whatsoever! Let her go to trading standards she wont get very far, she hasnt looked after her hair which is her own fault, i would kindly explain to her that you informed her about the aftercare procedures, maintenance etc. this is not a liable reason to deamand a full refund xx

I have done that Hun. She is now denying using the tigi shampoo!x

Keep the messages & your consultation form as proof, theres nothing she can do its not like your applied them incorrectly and shes gone bold is it, its just matting which is what happens when you dont look after them, she probably just out for the money, by the time she has spent out trying to get you done it would of cost her alot more than what she paid you! I know its worrying fortunatly its not happened to me yet but just remind her you applied the hair correctly and advised her how to look after them and she hasnt so there is nothing more you can do xx

If that's the case tell her you want a few strands to be tested as you can request for the hair to be tested for what shampoos ect have been used on the hair and it will prove she has been

If that's the case tell her you want a few strands to be tested as you can request for the hair to be tested for what shampoos ect have been used on the hair and it will prove she has been

Very good idea!! Xx

Ooh yes, not a bad idea. Does mean I have to see her face to face though :(
Does the supplier test them?

Ooh yes, not a bad idea. Does mean I have to see her face to face though :(
Does the supplier test them?

Hopefully that will be enough to put her off! Just be proffessional Xx

Yes normally they will and they can tell what products have been used, she will most likely not want the extensions tested

Latest posts

Back