Extensions not curling

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So head and shoulders made the hair easier to curl?

Hmmm I think this could work because usually hair extensions are heavily coated with silicone oil after they're processed, after a few washes the silicone coating tends to wash off, but depending on the shampoo/conditioner you're using it could contain silicone oil which causes it to coat the hair further.
You reallllllly need to check the shampoo and conditioner she's using, this could be the case, check the ingredients carefully, also keep in mind silicone has HEAPS of words I'll give you a list - Cyclomethicone, Dimethiconol, PEG-modified dimethicone, Amodimethicone. There's a few others that are used in the ingredients list, anything that ends with "cone" is a silicone oil!
Also, another fact is that products that help with curl and frizz control and usually packed with silicone, so I personally think this is the case.
She needs something to wash the extensions in a couple of times to get rid of the coating and Ofcourse something that contains no silicone.
If this doesn't work, it's your suppliers responsibility to replace the hair so goodluck :)

Hair extensions usually are only coated with silicone to hide the fact they're bad quality / none remy, once the silicone layer is removed they begin to tangle and matt. I would speak to the supplier before advising any shampoos that will strip the hair as this May void any guarentees they give you.

Personally I think they should offer at least a partial refund allowing your client to keep the hair or a full refund on return of the hair extensions. That's what I would offer my customers.

Hair extensions usually are only coated with silicone to hide the fact they're bad quality / none remy, once the silicone layer is removed they begin to tangle and matt. I would speak to the supplier before advising any shampoos that will strip the hair as this May void any guarentees they give you.

Personally I think they should offer at least a partial refund allowing your client to keep the hair or a full refund on return of the hair extensions. That's what I would offer my customers.

All hair extensions are silicone coated, good quality or bad.

I removed some strands from her hair to send back to the supplier. I tried curling once removed and strangely it's curled and lasted.
I can't understand why it curls and hold when not fitted but when fitted drops within the hour? X

Latest posts

Back