Extensions shedding

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please don't take this the wrong way as it's meant to be constructive, but why even use micro loops? Either use ready made stick tips+rings, or get bulk hair and make the strands yourself, in the latter case you have 100% control over the strand.

I do use stick tips, and I also buy bulk and weft hair and make them myself, but this is not the point of the matter.

I use many different methods, however after this experience with loops, I won't be using them again.

Ok, so I got this back from the supplier -

Further to your enquiry In terms of extensions shedding I have included
information below for your reference of the normal causes of shedding for
your reference:

1. Your hair is not strong enough to hold the hair .
2. The extensions are not being put in properly.
3. Incorrect aftercare of the extensions

No mention that it may be that they were just a crap batch! This is what I was expecting anyway.

I just won't be using them again.

Ok, so I got this back from the supplier -

Further to your enquiry In terms of extensions shedding I have included
information below for your reference of the normal causes of shedding for
your reference:

1. Your hair is not strong enough to hold the hair .
2. The extensions are not being put in properly.
3. Incorrect aftercare of the extensions

No mention that it may be that they were just a crap batch! This is what I was expecting anyway.

I just won't be using them again.

I also got the same reply from hairport by valentine when I told them their expensive Russian range had shredded significantly ! That and the client must not be brushing it correctly! Suppliers will rarely accept liability for it :(! My Clients were happy to have it cut shorter and more added but when someone wants 20" and they're having to get it cut to 16/17" after 4/5 weeks wear it isn't ideal ! I don't know how I feel about using them again as I've been using studio 58 for their Indian double drawn range since and absolutely love them !! I just wish they would offer European and Russian so I can have a more expensive longer lasting range!xx

The problem is, European and Russian hair are hard to come by for suppliers without it costing a fortune. Hence why the plentiful Chinese hair on tap being processed to look and feel like Caucasian.

Someone else once said they don't care if its Chinese hair over processed but, I strongly believe once you've tried REAL European and Russian hair, you never will use anything else. My clients have all experienced this including myself. It's not cheap but, it lasts much longer than the hair we can readily buy on the obvious hair sites which in the long term, makes much more economical sense. You invest in good quality hair, it lasts up to a year in some cases meaning you're not buying yet another batch after 3 months.

Why not just use SJK? I've always found them fab x

The problem is, European and Russian hair are hard to come by for suppliers without it costing a fortune. Hence why the plentiful Chinese hair on tap being processed to look and feel like Caucasian.

Someone else once said they don't care if its Chinese hair over processed but, I strongly believe once you've tried REAL European and Russian hair, you never will use anything else. My clients have all experienced this including myself. It's not cheap but, it lasts much longer than the hair we can readily buy on the obvious hair sites which in the long term, makes much more economical sense. You invest in good quality hair, it lasts up to a year in some cases meaning you're not buying yet another batch after 3 months.

Which supplier would you recommend? I have never used Russian or European but would be interested to try!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Tasha jacks supply only European hair. I have it in my hair and its due to be removed and put back in. Usually, I'd be buying another 100g because the hair I uses before from a well known brand didn't last. I won't be buying another batch and will be reusing this hair again!!

Tasha jacks supply only European hair. I have it in my hair and its due to be removed and put back in. Usually, I'd be buying another 100g because the hair I uses before from a well known brand didn't last. I won't be buying another batch and will be reusing this hair again!!

Worth knowing, thank-you I will definitely be taking a look!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

A little off topic but I received 0.8g hair from HP and a lot of strands were more like 0.5g or less! I've used them a few times but haven't been reading good things recently :S

I had 0.8 put in mine from hair planet 2 weeks ago, it's also shed loads, very wispy on ends & the strands were all different thickness. Not happy! X

It was just their Indian remy range, 0.8g micro loops. This is my first experience of shedding with hair planet. I've sent them an email with the photo, we'll see what they say. However, we all know how suppliers stand when it comes to aftercare etc, it's a lost cause! All you can do is just not give them business anymore.

I got a delivery today from them, and was in 2 minds whether to fit them or not, but I did. They sent me blonde loops with brown rings, honesty, I give up!
ebu6ated.jpg

And omg I got these to on Monday! Didnt realise until I was putting them in clients hair! Did u contact them about this? X

And omg I got these to on Monday! Didnt realise until I was putting them in clients hair! Did u contact them about this? X

I have no idea why they never picked up on this when packing? Or perhaps they did but wanted rid of them and hoped we wouldn't notice?! I emailed them, no reply yet. I doubt anything will get done. I'm really angry about all this, I won't be using them again. I'll be using SJK as my main supplier from now on x

Reality is, they probably "cant" do anything because the factories they buy from, most probably in China, will not exchange product. Yes the UK supplier could exchange or refund you, but they won't as chances are, they get lots of issues from customers and it would potentially make them a loss rather than profit.

Sorry folks but you really do get what you pay for.

Tasha jacks do Russian hair now have you tried it ?? And how long would you say there European hair lasts ??

Depending in how well you look after it, I'd say upto a year. It is pricey yes but, you cannot beat quality.

Thank you iv tested a few but u can never really tell how long it lasts :) xx

As much as I love my studio 58 extensions .. I've got a full head in just now and the shedding is unreal ... Maybe I'm just unlucky as I do love their hair but I'm literally loosing balls worth everytime I brush my hair and even when I'm not touching it I'm covered in hairs :( x

Latest posts

Back