Extra growth under toenail, can you help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becsxx

Reaction score
This is my fiancés toe its kind of hard to see in the photo but there's discolouration halfway up his toe and this growth underneath the toe nail, it looks to be extra nail...

He gets pressure on it from his work
Boots. Is it likely to go away? The extra growth annoys him.

Has anybody else experienced this?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348876744.345320.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348876744.345320.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 3,134
Hello there,
I didnt want to make any assumptions at this point because as you stated it is almost impossible to see anything but some white underneath the nail from this view.

If you honestly want a more professional opinion you will have to try to post a few more pics like from the top looking directly at the nail bed so we can really see if it is more then just some dirt under the nail.

You said there is discoloration, right now I cant see that from the picture.

Please help us help you.

Ok I'll charge up my camera and get some better close up pics!

I would book him in with a Podiatrist for a full professional opinion.

I would book him in with a Podiatrist for a full professional opinion.
Exactly! This forum is not to give uninformed opinions on medical conditions ... We are not trained to do that.

If the toe is bothering him, then seek qualified advice from those who have the qualifications to give that advice; nail technicians do not have those qualifications.

Ok I'll send him off to the dr. He wanted me to file it down but I didn't want to touch it til I knew more. Will leave it to a professional.

Ok I'll send him off to the dr. He wanted me to file it down but I didn't want to touch it til I knew more. Will leave it to a professional.

I doubt a GP will be able to help, a podiatrist or as they were once know chiropodist would be the best person to go see.

Latest posts

Back