extractor fans

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Pan

Too sexy to be old geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
hi all - ive done a search so dont mention it - but im sure i saw a thread on here about extractor fans being available from argos!! the same one that is on ebay - ive also looked on the argos site but cant find it - anyone have any suggestions on how to find it

thanks

Would these be extractor or air purifier fans?

Argos do sell a couple of air purifiers which I know some people have used for spray tanning, priced around the £60 and £100 mark, depending on which size you have.

Don't know about using them for nails though....

Yes I would be intrested in this I work in my cellar and I can not have a electric one fitted in the walls so I will be needing one when I start to do clients.

I do have a back door in the cellar that I can open but this would be cold for the client in the winter months.

Caz xxx

Peter Pan said:
hi all - ive done a search so dont mention it - but im sure i saw a thread on here about extractor fans being available from argos!! the same one that is on ebay - ive also looked on the argos site but cant find it - anyone have any suggestions on how to find it

thanks

They sell airpurifiers by Bionnaire (the company also has its own website).

Not sure if they are good enuf for nail dust but i think they are, i'm thinking of getting one because since doing the nails i keep getting a sore throat (and, dare i say it, stale breath) so my sister got me some masks from her work but i hate wearing them as it feels hot inside, but its gonna have to be one or the other.

i mean, the dust must do some harm if i'm getting a sore throat yea?

the extractor im on about is like the one in the pic. is there anywhere else i can get one from

Attachments

• extraction fan.jpg
    extraction fan.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 43
Sorry to interupt, but i have a nail station at my new job which had a built in one. I havent used it yet. Are they any good?

Glynis, I have a wee desk extractor from www.salonlines.com, I don't think it's on their website though, order the brochure. It's £99 plus VAT and comes with 1 carbon filter....believe me, you know when you need to change your filter, cos you get that dust coated teeth feeling!!! And I also believe it helps with vapours because I did a little experiment this week and started to apply l/p without the filter on and then switched it on and there was a difference in odour.

This is an abridged version of what the blurb says:

Reduces fumes, dust, chemical vapours etc
Carbon activated filters
Low noise ...true
Single extracting fan
Air flow 2.63 cubic metres / min

HTH

Cathie! said:
Glynis, I have a wee desk extractor from www.salonlines.com, I don't think it's on their website though, order the brochure. It's £99 plus VAT and comes with 1 carbon filter....believe me, you know when you need to change your filter, cos you get that dust coated teeth feeling!!! And I also believe it helps with vapours because I did a little experiment this week and started to apply l/p without the filter on and then switched it on and there was a difference in odour.

This is an abridged version of what the blurb says:

Reduces fumes, dust, chemical vapours etc
Carbon activated filters
Low noise ...true
Single extracting fan
Air flow 2.63 cubic metres / min

HTH
Hi Cathie
what size is the filter, I have a small one sitting on top of desk but it doesnt make a huge difference. I only paid about £20 so i presume yours must be bigger

It doesn't say the size of the filter, but without measuring it it's maybe 15cm by 15 cm

It also says that you need to place within 300mm of the source of pollution

Peter Pan said:

thanks

Hi peter pan

I've just bought one of these extractor fans off ebay and it cost me £40.00 inc. of postage.

I think its brillent for its money. Its shapped a little like to comfort wedge so you can use it this way or even just stand it on the table next to you.

Hope this helps also there was someone selling these on geekbay £35.00 plus £5.00 P&P.

Peter Pan said:

thanks
Why dont you want to get the one on Ebay? xx

There was a thread a while ago about this filter/fan and there wasn't a very good report about it...I thnk the person bought it from a show but it turned out that it wasn't all it was made up to be.

tab said:
Hi peter pan

I've just bought one of these extractor fans off ebay and it cost me £40.00 inc. of postage.

I think its brillent for its money. Its shapped a little like to comfort wedge so you can use it this way or even just stand it on the table next to you.

Hope this helps also there was someone selling these on geekbay £35.00 plus £5.00 P&P.

What make is this? i would like to look it up.

i know that filing dust can be less than as little as one micron, so whatever filter you buy you need to buy one that removes molecules that big.

Toni Talons said:
What make is this? i would like to look it up.

i know that filing dust can be less than as little as one micron, so whatever filter you buy you need to buy one that removes molecules that big.

I'm don't think the imformation i have will help much as all that is on the box is Nail Dust Collector, Asia Nail Factory.

I have had the fan going an not ever just one before i did notice a difference so it must be doing its job, it also came with 2 extra filter so 3 in total and the seller did have a great feed back rating and no complaints and seemed to have sold loads of these.

The exact same fan was in geekbay.

if you PM me i could take a photo and send it too you if you want, dont know if that will help?

which is better to buy; am extractor or odour remover/air cleaner (as in argos pg 608 cat no 415/9397. I know an extractor is good but if a home based salon the odour remover would make the place smell less "acrylic". which would be the better buy?

Latest posts

Back