Extreme Natural nail shape's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mizzy_dizzy

Reaction score
So I have a client,Her natural nails look like they have there own apex , just below the natural smile they sort of hump & and then the free edge grows down words
( not sure how else to describe it )
I've had other clients with slight curves but this is alot more,

She loves her L&P nails , when she first came to me she had a set that wear barely holding on , half missing/chipped and a ton of lifting,
She works at the check out on base so I figured it was a combo of her work and leverage from the curve in her nail shape as they grew,

I re- balanced / fixed what i could of the other techs work , withy my CND P,C & retention+ and she's been in to me for the past 4 months now, no lifting , no lost nails no problem , so that's fabulous ,

She's really over the moon with her nails , says she's never been able to keep nails on this long, with out problems,
So they are structurally good and she likes them so they are ENHANCED ! Job done ? ??

So what's my problem? I'm not happy with the way they look !LOL
She likes them mild length and because of the hump it makes her free edge grow downwards. So they look like I've added a massive apex! (I haven't I'm adding very little L&P to that area,)
Or they look like I have sculpted and had the forms at the wrong angle,
I haven't there natural overlays now,

So I've been trying to countereact this look by making the free edge thicker than normal,
On anyone else this would look top heavy on his lady it sort of works until you look down the barrel !

What would you do?

How would you offset the big apex / downward free edge look? It's every finger ,

I will try to add a photo , the colors a bit off in the pic though the glitter was baby pink but looks gray in photo lol and if they look lumpy lts the reflections in the glitter x

d42b4b3d-96f5-cfff.jpg

d42b4b3d-970f-798f.jpg

Www.lilmissbuffit.com
Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

Www.lilmissbuffit.com
Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

There is only one way to correct this shape, and it is only a temporary fix and will need to be re-done every 8 10 weeks depending on growth rate ... Plus it all depends on whether or not this shape annoys HER! She is the one who will have to pay for it doing, and she may be well used to her nails the way they are and not be bothered.

In any case, you correct just as for ski jump nails. Remove every bit of free edge, fit a form on straight and sculpt a straight free edge. Over the weeks, the natural growth pattern will start to be visible again and then you will have to remove the free edge and re-sculpt a new one. X

Thanks for the reply honey :hug:
I was afraid that this might be the answer,:)
thing is shes really happy with them ,

she likes the lengh, shape ect, and they arenaturall overlays so Idon'tt think she would want the free edge taken back tonothingg thatoftenn, and because they now stay put with out lifting ect I think it would be hard to convince her or a re-do the set every few weeks,

I guess it is me with the issue and not her lol like you said she is used to the shape shes always lived with it,

I was doing foreverFrenchh with her but becauseI'mm making the free edge thicker to slightlyflattenn the overall look, and it not needing to debulk as apex grew along to free edge as Iwasn'tt building it upre balancess wear a bit of aback wordss pain so I think maybe keep free edge thicker but only overlay with perfect pink and doFrenchh or art ect with shellac so closer to thesurfacee from now on,

I have one nail that is exactly like your clients.
It's my right pointer finger and it used to grow normal, then one day at work I sliced the pad of my finger off right down to the bone, I had micro surgery etc to try and reattached it but it died and fell off in the end. It slowly healed and I'm not left with this lumpy bit of soft fleshy skin (skin coloured) and the edge of it stops just where my nail goes off the edge of my finger.
Since this happened to me my nail has grown with a high apex and then once the nail goes over the edge of my finger it starts to grow down with a real curve to it.
It doesn't bother me, infact if I keep it not too long, I like the shape of it. It is my easiest nail to apply product to also, which is odd.
I didn't damage my matrix in the accident but somehow this accident changed the way my nail grows.

If your client is happy, then let it be, she's pays the bill remember:)

Thanks for the reply honey :hug:
I was afraid that this might be the answer,:)
thing is shes really happy with them ,

she likes the lengh, shape ect, and they arenaturall overlays so Idon'tt think she would want the free edge taken back tonothingg thatoftenn, and because they now stay put with out lifting ect I think it would be hard to convince her or a re-do the set every few weeks,

I guess it is me with the issue and not her lol like you said she is used to the shape shes always lived with it,

I was doing Forever French with her but becauseI'mm making the free edge thicker to slightlyflattenn the overall look, and it not needing to debulk as apex grew along to free edge as Iwasn'tt building it upre balancess wear a bit of aback wordss pain so I think maybe keep free edge thicker but only overlay with perfect pink and doFrenchh or art ect with shellac so closer to thesurfacee from now on,

Sounds like a plan! :) If she's happy ... Be happy. We can't give perfect shape to everyone. :hug:

@ Wooshka ... OUCH! :hug:

My little girl has a nail that sounds like that when she was 2 she was at her nannys for a few days and managed to stick her finger in a bike chain !!!
She cut it off , she had an amazing plastic surgeon they did and X to Y thing and re attached the nail matrix
( the tip of finger could not be saved)

The matrix survived but her nail now grows right over the top of her finger Insted of having a free edge ,
They say this is because her finger tip stops at the end of the bone Insted of the pulp padded bit we have ,
When she is older they want to take some "pulp" from her big toe and put it in there , they say the nail shuld straighten out from this ,
The top
d42b4b3d-103f-2f77.jpg

Back
d42b4b3d-1063-e3cb.jpg

Side
d42b4b3d-107b-9058.jpg

Down barrel

d42b4b3d-109e-5197.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Www.lilmissbuffit.com

Am I right in thinking that this nail shape if on all the nails can mean the person has underlying health issues?

It is amazing that the surgeons can fix your daughters nail and that they are bothered to do it!

Am I right in thinking that this nail shape if on all the nails can mean the person has underlying health issues?

It is amazing that the surgeons can fix your daughters nail and that they are bothered to do it!

Not necessariy, it is primarily .. hereditary!

Latest posts

Back