Eyebrow dying...not tinting.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last time this subject was brought up, I was lambasted for mentioning haircolor for eyebrows...

I use a demi/semi haircolor on the eyebrows all the time ..3%. It looks fantastic.

I also use a permanent color for grey hair on one of my clients (6%). It is thick enough to not run but covers the course grey eyebrow hairs wonderfully. The only problem that comes with using a permanent color is the eyebrows actually have a "grow out". I use a barrier creme just under the brow line.
I have been doing this for over 20 years and have never had any problems nor complaints.
If I ever heard of any irritation or burning of the area, I wouldn't do it and might I mention that I only do this to a few clients.

One of the stylist at the salon uses the eyebrow/lash tint kits on one of my clients, and she is always complaining that it turned out too dark or it didn't last. I haven't brought it up to her that I could do her brows when coloring her hair for the simple fact that I would be taking money away from this stylist.

Ya got to know the rules before you can break them. Safety first

I'm not too sure but
I always thought that dying things hair or clothes was to add colour to it
bleaching is to take colour away ,
tinting in my opinion is adding colour and sometimes a bit of lift
perhaps its because we cannot say "Oh I have a high lift dye in today" LOL

I suppose the tint word covers the two step tint procedure of adding colour and/ or lifting colour too , maybe:rolleyes:

The word "dyeing" was the hot word of the 70's 80's..then we went on to the word "tinting" now the word is "coloring".:lol:
We went from "Beautician" to "hairdresser" to "hairstylist"

Okay so..tinting is lift and deposit color(oermanent)
Dyeing is adding color only (semi/demi)
so..what is coloring then? :D

The word "dyeing" was the hot word of the 70's 80's..then we went on to the word "tinting" now the word is "coloring".:lol:
We went from "Beautician" to "hairdresser" to "hairstylist"

Hiya JDs
What was the question again ? LoL, I'm totally lost now , I'd say coloring is what I would do with paints paper and crayons and those felt tip thingies,
it gets you thinking though doesnt it ? I wonder why they still call perms perms , perhaps a chemical bend would be better :lol:

The last time this subject was brought up, I was lambasted for mentioning haircolor for eyebrows...

I use a demi/semi haircolor on the eyebrows all the time ..3%. It looks fantastic.

I also use a permanent color for grey hair on one of my clients (6%). It is thick enough to not run but covers the course grey eyebrow hairs wonderfully. The only problem that comes with using a permanent color is the eyebrows actually have a "grow out". I use a barrier creme just under the brow line.
I have been doing this for over 20 years and have never had any problems nor complaints.
If I ever heard of any irritation or burning of the area, I wouldn't do it and might I mention that I only do this to a few clients.

One of the stylist at the salon uses the eyebrow/lash tint kits on one of my clients, and she is always complaining that it turned out too dark or it didn't last. I haven't brought it up to her that I could do her brows when coloring her hair for the simple fact that I would be taking money away from this stylist.

Ya got to know the rules before you can break them. Safety first

I think its fab too Im all for it, I also think a hairdresser would be good at all of this because after all we are trained to deal with hair :hug:

but you can just add colour with a permanent tint. lol.

This could go on forever!! :smack:

Hiya JDs
I wonder why they still call perms perms , perhaps a chemical bend would be better :lol:
Perms are now called "Chemically textured" :lol:

but you can just add colour with a permanent tint. lol.

This could go on forever!! :smack:
LOL...Okay I am done.

Stay tuned for the next exciting episode of "The forever changing words of Beauty"

Latest posts

Back