Eyebrow wax burn

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kattyj

Reaction score
Hi guys, hope someone can help me because I am getting really stressed with this problem and do nbt have any confidence in waxing eyebrows anymore - When I wax eyebrows I seem to remove skin from the clients right brow only, (not every client but quite a few!!!) It is obviously my technique because it never ever happens on the left brow, I am right handed and I used to wax at the side of the client but was worried that this was the problem so have moved to the back of the couch and now wax from that angle but it still seems to be happening!! I use oil underneath etc and the wax temp is fine but it is obviously technique otherwise it would be both brows?!?!

you are probably putting it on too thick or pulling up instead of along. Especially at the mo with the heat try rubbing powder into the area (femfresh) rather than oil. et as thin as possible and make sure you are pulling towards the nose do not leave the wax anytime to set straight on and straight off.

Just a long shot but are you leaving the lid on your wax pot? Reason I ask is could it be the wax is slightly hotter when you do the right eyebrow as you've just taken the lid off and by the time you move to the left its cooled down? I know you said the temperature is ok on the wax, but maybe because this area is so sensitive its being felt more?

I used to have this problem with brows and also lip waxes, and for me this used to happen when I applied the wax too thickly and then didn't hold the skin taut enough when removing the strip so you end up taking some of the skin off at the same time.

Try to get your application really thin, and support and stretch the skin properly as you remove. I also use several strips when doing facial waxing (I cut a big strip into quarters) so I can get the most clean remove as possible. Hope that helps!

Luscious85 x

Nope not leaving the lid on pot cos usually do an eyebrow wax when ive done legs etc so the lid been off a while, good thought though!! I did think about applying thinly, having skin taut etc and i do all of this and surely it would be both brows if not, this is what i cant understand cos its never ever the left brow, thanks for replies though x

Might be worth learning threading, I don't get this often but upper lips if clients have been using steriod creams it takes off the first layer. Although While waxing an upper lip yesterday it started to blister and bleed, very scary first time in 15 years. Will only do threading on her from now on her skin is clearly too thin to cope with waxing.

Do you wax over the same area more than twice? Repeatedly going over the same area can remove skin. Maybe as it's an awkward side for you. You could stand at one side for one brow then the other side for the other. Get the client to turn her head slightly, to allow you to get thr right angle. Really need to make sure the skin is taut
Just wonder if you're maybe pulling the strip slightly upwards rather than right back on itself and pulling at the skin

No never wax over same area more than once, I think I must be pulling upwards rather than across because I can think what else it would be, really knocked my confidence though, I have just bought some hot wax, can this still happen with hot wax because Ive read its a lot kinder to the skin? Thanks for replies everyone x

I had never had this problem untill I used a gel wax....and it happened a few times...Iwas mortified as it has never happened to me before. Personally I think a creme wax is best for facial waxing I think maybe gel and honey wax are to 'sticky' if that makes sense.
A tip is to do it in sections...I overlap 2 thin strips, its less of a pull.

Also check every client you perform facial waxing has not taken any form of skin medication in the last year, also a client using strong AHAs and glycolics or having peels, the skin will be thinned and off it will come:)

I always use hot wax on the face, but this was how i was trained. Kattyj you should have training in hot wax first for the benefit of your clients and for insurance purposes too.

I did have training in hot wax but not a great deal so that was why I was wondering how much kinder to the skin it is x

Stretch the brow from either side with your thumb and finger and raid the brow socket upwards so that it sits on the brow bone......this gives support.

Make sure your wax is thin and that you don't hesitate when you remove the wax flat to the skin and not upwards. xx

Latest posts

Back