Eyebrow wax problem... please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SarahQ

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have done an eyebrow was today on a young girl, I realised straight away that they had gone very red and almost looks as if it had taken a layer of skin away? I have never had a problem like this before and am really worried about why this happened? I did another lady straight after and that was fine. I used some aloe vera on her and advised her to use a cold sterile compress to calm the redness. I also rang her Mum and apologised but could not explain why they had gone so red, I addvised her to go to her GP the next day if they were still red. She said her skin was not usually sensitive and has had them waxed before with no problems?
It's made me feel realy terrible and I just don't know what to say to her?

Thanks Sarah x

Was the wax too hot maybe? Did you really stretch the area? x

I don't know, it fely fine when I tested it and the lady I did straight after was fine and not red at all. I'm pretty sure I stretched the skin too , just like I always do but maybe not if that could be why? I feel awful. Do you think it will be Ok after a nights sleep? Never had this before.

Poor you! :hug: I have had this happen to me in the past too, I am sure there a others have had the same.

My thoughts from my own experience were that maybe actually that the wax was too cool, it can drag when the temp is not right,or maybe you rubbed the strip a bit too firmly on the brow before pulling? maybe the skin was still a bit damp from the pre cleanse? I take it that it was warm 'strip' wax you used?
I felt dreadful when it happened to me and asked myself all sorts of questions as to what had gone wrong. I found a huge difference when I started using epilation oil under all my wax, just a very thin film and the wax only gets the hair and not the skin, I also now have switched to hot wax for all facial waxing and it has transformed my waxing life! Dont beat yourself up over it we are Human after all and her skin will heal fine. After all you didnt deliberately do it and I am sure you followed all the correct steps as I had. Sometimes these things do happen.kx

Ah thank you so much x It's nice to know that it's happened to someone else. Because the girl was only 14, I thibk that's why I feel so bad, plus I didn't have any answers for her Mum so just apologised a million times and offered a free manicure! Do you think it'll be Ok by the morning?

I haven't heard of this oil though? Is it the same as using talc?

I've just answered your PM, however,, having read this thread, it could simply be that she is only 14 and her skin is so unused to waxing etc. xx

Its pre epilation oil, you can get it from the suppliers or Perron Rigot do Jasmine oil (which I have now) Kim Lawless will be able to answer any questions on this I am sure, if she hasnt in the pm already. I am sure she will be ok in a day or so, it may scab a bit if skin has come off but it will heal fine. Its just bad luck I think Hun.kx

Last edited:
It sounds like you have maybe grazed her... sometimes this can happen if the skin is slightly damp befor doing them.. maybe with her being younger she was nervous/flustered and slightly sweating. I always use plenty of talc befor hand. x :hug:

Latest posts

Back