eyebrow waxed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mobile nail tec

Reaction score
i had my eye brows wax this morning, and one side is really sore, and red. have them done every month, and never had any problems. wnet to the same place and the same girl did them,
other than a cold flannel on it, can any of you advise me what to put on it.

could you phone her to tell her?? she might ask you to go back in so she can have a look & get you sorted.

I don't suppose you have any afterwax lotion??

no i haven't, she put loads on afterwards. never had any problems before.

Apart from a cold compress I wouldn't put anything else on it as it could so easily get infected. if it doesn't settle within 24 hours then consult your doctor.

Witch Hazel is very good for this, sounds like wax temp not correct.

i'm sat here with a wet flannel on my eye, hopefully it will settle by the morning.

I would let the therapist know, you may have sensitive skin. She can put a note on your record card. Did she go over the same area more than once? if you have any witch Hazel gel in the house then this is fab. It should feel better by morning depending on severity.If things dont improve then speak to your local pharmacist who can advise

Yip witch hazel or compress but definately sounds like she may have burnt you a wee bit :Scared:

It sounds like she has skinned you ~ wax takes off a layer of dead skin as it is removed but she has taken off a couple of layers. Skinning can happen for a number of reasons -
Sensitive skin,
Wax too hot,
Not applying wax correctly,
Not removing the Strip quick enough
Not stretching skin while removing,
Applying wax over the same area twice,

It will heal over in a couple of days - bit like when you burn your hand taking something out of the oven. In the meantime I would suggest you apply Aloe Vera - is fantasic at removing the heat and discomfort or Aftersun lotion if you have any.
Let your therapist know at your next appointment.
HTH
KxXx

thank you for all of your sugestions, will give salon a call in the morning,

I'd let her know what has happened.... as said before she may have taken off some of your sking.

Keep the area clean and dont put any makeup around it...

what a butcher ! nah we all make mistakes now and again.....i would say wax too hot or any of the suggestions nemo gave you.

Aloe vera is a good idea.

You must tell them next time you go too so they are aware of it.

hth

amb xx

Latest posts

Back