Eyebrow Waxing Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aprilw

Reaction score
I have been lurking here for quite some time, but have found all the information that i have read here to be very useful.
I'm currently completing a waxing course in Australia but am finding the technique for eyebrow waxes a little tricky. Is there anything anyone can suggest to help me along and settle my nerves? I'm just so nervous about getting wax in the wrong place and stuffing up someone's eyebrow. any help will be most appreciated!
Thanks

use something easy to apply the wax with..something thin but not pointed, you can see where the wax is going a bit more then and do it in small sections rather than doing a long strip split the under brow into 3 sections do a lil bit at a time after you've done half, ask your client.. is that looking ok so far and maybe if they want the same amount taking off on the inside etc..

Not sure how your course is being taught, but I work in sections:
inner 1/2, underneath left brow
outer 1/2, underneath left brow
inner and then outer 1/2, underneath right brow
outer, upper left
inner, upper left
same on upper right
then middle, one 1/2 then the other

This way, I'm checking as I go, balancing out the brows and creating a symmetrical pair of brows.

I do trimming last.

One thing that I've found to be very important is to fold the piece of muslin and lay the folded edge exactly where I've placed the wax. That way, there's no chance of "smooshing" the wax over more of the brow than is intended.

Hope that helps!!

vseline on the area you dont want to wax applied with a cotton bud or similar...i actually find it easier to be sitting opposite my client with her sitting on a chair at a similar height..but thats just me hth

LindaC

Use eyeshadow or brow shadow to brush in the perfect shape over the existing brow. So then you have a stencil right?

Then simply remove all of the surrounding hair from outside the stencil, from above, below and the middle. Voila! The perfect brow. xx

Latest posts

Back