Eyebrow Waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Top Tottie

Reaction score
Hi girls

Havent been on forum for a while! Busy busy! I love my job. Waxing, facials, manicures, pedicures, spray tanning, eyelash extensions etc.

But.... I absolutely hate eyebrow waxing. my body shakes just thinking about it...I mean I am petrified of it! Its the first thing people would notice.

I avoid it at any cost as i am so scared of getting it wrong. Last time i did it, client said that I did a really bad job of it and when doing her lip, she said that I ripped her skin off (despite me putting pre wax lotion from perron rigot and jasmine oil first and stretching the skin) and her eyebrows and lips have been red all day the next day and I use Perron Rigot for my waxing treatments. I also waxed her armpits, bikini and legs and she didnt say anything about them. Just her face. Is it because her face is more sensitive? Or is it me?? It was our first appointment. I know that the waxing temp was really low. So it knocked my confidence for a bit and vowed never to offer it again! Whenever anyone asked, i just say i have never been taught how to do eyebrow waxing!! I have looked for tips on the forum but reading it and doing it are two different things innit?

It is so annoying that one person can dent your confidence over 70 happy clients.

Do I need to do one to one course just on eyebrow waxing or maybe someone could show me how to do it properly and i'll bring a guinea pig?

Im feeling really crap about this.

Tolly :cry:x

Oh dear you poor love:hug:.I dont think you need a one to one,I think you just need to practice on your friends and family to get your confidence back.
Eyebrows aren't the easiest to do to start with and maybe you should just use the wax to get the bulk of hair off and use tweezers to actually define the shape until you feel better about shaping using the wax.A lot of therapists get scared about eyebrow waxing/reshaping because there isn't any room for error being as they are on the face and a focul point.It really is down to practice and you musn't let it get you down.Just keep practicing.

Lip areas are very sensitive,did you only go over the area once?If this lady is extra sensitive and the wax was at the correct temperature then when you take the wax from the pot,let the wax cool just for a couple of secs(whilst still on the spatula)Never reapply the wax,make sure you apply the wax accurately so that you dont miss any hairs.

Use a cooling witch Hazel gel following your waxing procedure.Did you check that your client wasn't on any medication that causes skin thinning,ie acne products?

Get back to waxing these areas asap,dont let a bad experience get the better of you,it happens to everyone.Good luck cherub:hug:

i hate waxing eyebrows just because the skin is so delicate there, i can honestly say that 90% of my clients that came to me origionaly for waxing & now have tweezers !!!!:eek: they all say how they get a lovely result hardly any redness and i have to say i am now very fast lol all fine hairs gone!!!

you just have to do what you feel confident doing , if i have to wax i do as the previous post stated get bulk off with wax then tweeze ,

good luck and keep practising:hug:

Hi Tolly

eyebrows arent the easiest to master but I find non strip wax best to use to get a clear line. If you apply oil before and then use the non stip wax to create the line of brow you want you should be fine.

If you have problems or dont feel confident you can try on other areas - i know this might sound funny but you can even do it on your leg just to get practice of drawing a line with the wax and I am sure you will be fine!

:hug: but if it helps there will be people around you who offer 1-2-1 tutorial so you wouldnt need new training but just a top up or a refresher to give you the confidence to do the treatments without worries.

I think its a good idea to do the tweezering of the brows as this might be easier for you, and you can slowly create the shape hair by hair.

Just another thought have you thought about doing a threading course?
That could work better for you, and the classes are usually pretty small so it will feel like 1-on-1 trainning?

Love Emma x:hug:x

Hi Tolly,

Listen Mrs, stop panicking! It sounds like you know what to do and all the tricks you don't need more training.

I think from your message you basically need 1. practise and 2. confidence. When I started out I was shaking with nerves doing brows and Yes I did make mistakes!! Of course you will make some mistakes at the start but you just got to take a deep breath and deal with it. At the start I dropped wax in a girls hair (cringe), took off a bit of a brow lol - thank god I knew them.

I never burned anyone or ripped skin because I was extremely cautious to keep wax temp down - play it on the safe side with the temp. It took a long time but eventually I got it right and now can quickly do lovely shaped brows.

Get your friends and family in and do loads of brow practise - you will get there!!! And we've all had one or two unhappy customers - you just have to learn from it but keep it in perspective at the same time.

I think you will get there and defo don't give up as there is sooooo much money in brow waxing, its the most common requested treatment for me.

Hope this helps!

Clare

Hiya,

I know exactly how you feel about eyebrow waxing and I think it's something most beauty therapists encounter and then eventually overcome - I've heard horror stories from other therapists and I myself have made a mistake or two but that's how you learn. One quite obvious tip would be to apply petroleum jelly to the main brown (you may already do this) so the wax can't stick to this area and remove the whole brow.

With regards to lip waxing, I have a similar problem in that when I wax my own lip I always take some of the skin off and it's painful for a good few days after, but have never had this problem when waxing clients. I put it down to that you can't achieve the same technique on yourself as on others, but I will learn eventually.

Well done for getting your mobile beauty business going - would be interested if you have any tips or advice on this as it's something I would like to do.

:o)

Don't be put off by one person. Learn from it and develop your technique.
I LOVE!! LOVE!!! LOVE!! doing eyebrows! The fiddlier the better! Start to enjoy the challenge it takes to 'create' a good brow and each time you do, will feel pleased with yourself!
Deep breath and relax! You can do it!!!
xxxxx

Latest posts

Back