Eyebrows and facials

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the subject of facials and waxing

i would go as far to say it is actually wrong to wax any area of the face before A facial.
If a client demanded i waxed her before i either wouldn't do it ask her to come back another or get her to sign a wavier to say she told me to do it and any reaction i would not be liable.

No matter how mild your facial products not all of them will be suitable to put on to freshly waxed skin :lol::rolleyes:

My thread got closed incase no 1 saw it

I have to say I agree 100% with the last post

again i agree with you.. YES i respect everyones opinion on this topic but thers a difference between me respecting it and safe practice procedure.. it actually WORRIES me that people would WAX before any facial... soz but i teach the 2 subjects and im rather horrified...

I carry out the facial treatment first excluding final moisturising - apply pre-wax, wax the eyebrow, apply after-wax - then apply the moisturiser to the face (avoiding where I have waxed). I do it this way as if you apply the moisturiser before waxing the skin is quite slippery when trying to hold it taut.

However..................when I did it this way at college my tutor said that I should wax while the face mask was on. I questioned this (very brave LOL) and said that surely when I was removing the mask and using the other products they could cause irritation to the newly waxed skin. Her answer was that by waxing after the facial you spoil the clients relaxation!!

What's worse infected skin or a little bit of discomfort after a relaxing treatment? I know what I would choose!

Another point, I know the client is relaxed during and after a facial, but a wax may wake them up if they are feeling sleepy and forget to pay you or have to drive home lol
:smack::smack::smack:

sorry couldn't help myself and have a giggle here he he

I think what we have to remember is that we are all here to learn. Sometimes after training we get into bad habits or just plain forget the routines that we were taught. So let's all take a little step back and let's help guide people to doing things in a better way rather than trying to ram it down their throat and making them look, and possibly, feel a little inadequate. Otherwise people will get too scared to ask these very important questions which is not what we are about. :hug::hug::hug:

I do the facial first then the eyebrows. With dermalogica you can use the daily microfoliant around the delicate eye area and this then helps to get a better finish from the waxing or plucking. I always thought that any 2 types of heat would react together (e.g the steam and heat from the wax) so to avoid it if possible.

I think it really is a case of whatever your opinion is because all of the reasons for doing it the other way around seem quite logical too xx

sassy hassy

Unfortunatly i am pretty straight to the point i don't waste my words. My intention was not to make any body feel bad merley just to get my point across.

I apologise if anyone has taken offense to what i had to say but i do not retract it :)

personally i wont do an eye brow wax on the same day as a facial. period.

i feel that if i apply products to the skin after the wax it will irritate, however if i wax after a facial, the skin will be softened and there is higher risk or tearing skin. so for me, absolutely refuse to do it. once i explain why clients are happy to come another day.

Latest posts

Back